If you plan to entertain friends and family on July 4th, you’re probably trying to figure out what to serve. While the possibilities are nearly endless, you may want to consider adding a few allergy-friendly recipes for your guests with food allergies or intolerances. There are so many people today who struggle with gluten, soy, dairy, and other allergies that it can be a challenge coming up with a menu for everyone.
When celebrating or hosting a patriotic party, you want to keep it festive with red, white, and blue recipes. Many people with allergies struggle with artificial colors, so the below recipes are free of artificial dyes that bother many people. You can use natural dyes that come from fruits and vegetables if you want to add more color to your recipes.
One of the best ways to make patriotic allergy-friendly recipes is by focusing on things that are naturally red, white, and blue. Fresh fruit including strawberries, raspberries, cherries, blueberries, and blackberries will work wonderfully for the red and blue colors in most recipes. And, when it comes to white, you have several options. You can use vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, vanilla pudding, sour cream, or cream cheese. If you want to add yellow stars, why not use a cookie cutter to cut out chunks of pineapple for the yellow?
Also try these recipes:
- Red, White and Blue Berry Chia Bar Bites (gluten-free, dairy-free)
- Patriotic Brownie Trifle (gluten-free)
- 4th of July Ice Pops (gluten-free)
- Raw Fruit Pizza with Lemon Coconut Cream (raw, gluten-free, dairy-free)
- Kid-Friendly Fruit Kabobs Made From Fresh Fruit (gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, added sugar-free)
- Red, White, and Blue Fat Bombs (keto-friendly, gluten-free, dairy-free)
- Vegan, Red, White, and Blue Cookie Cups (vegan, gluten-free)
- Fourth of July Fruit Cookies (gluten-free, soy-free)
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Parfait with Summer Fruit (gluten-free, soy-free)
- Patriotic Iced Cashew Bars (gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan)
- Clean Eating 4th of July Watermelon Cake (clean, gluten-free)
- The Easiest Red, White, and Blue Pasta Salad (gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free)
- Straws and Stripes Patriotic Strawberries (gluten-free)
- Very Berry Fruit Salsa (gluten-free, dairy-free)
- Patriotic Coconut Cream Pudding Cups (gluten-free)
While you certainly don’t need to make your entire meal red, white, and blue. It is nice to add a little bit of patriotic color to your meal. And, when you choose allergy friendly recipes, you’ll be sure that your guests can enjoy the food without any worries.