What is it with summer and glowing skin? We all want dewy skin for its youthful appearance but how can you get it without going to extremes or turning back the clock (it’s impossible, I checked!)? Short of scheduling a time-consuming appointment at your dermatologist’s office, the next best thing is the at-home facial peel. An at-home facial peel offers real, and speedy, results!
Doing an at-home facial peel increases the skin’s luminosity but shouldn’t create irritation. Unless you have sensitive skin many brands that exfoliate will work to reduce fine lines, wrinkles and age spots. Here are some the best and “brightest” on the market today.
- The oil and water mixture of Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Bi-Phase Peel ($85) might be a mouthful to say but it is worth every syllable and penny. Using glycolic, salicylic acids, algae extracts and microalgae oil skin is gently exfoliated with little to no irritation. Bonus, you can pick it up at your nearby Sephora.
- The fastest peel in the west, La Prairie Cellular 3-Minute Peel works in three minutes and can be used just once a week. It comes with a hefty price tag of $210 but the jar lasts a long time and comes with its own brush for easy application. Perfect for those short on time and with a larger skin care budget.
- Perfect for those of us with even the most sensitive skin, Kiehl’s Overnight Biological Peel offers a glow that cannot be denied. Great for busy women, you wash your face at night and apply the peel. While you sleep it works its magic. It fades old acne scars and age spots quickly and offers the least amount of irritation with a noticeably brighter complexion. At $46 it is mid-priced and a risk worth taking.
- Cotton pads are one of the best and safest ways to deliver a peel to your face. That’s why I love Avon ANEW CLINICAL Advanced Retexturizing Peel. A simple swipe says goodbye to dull skin and there’s no need to rinse off the product. Plus, the $25 price tag doesn’t hurt.
- Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel is gentle enough to be used daily. The two-step system lasts a month and can be used on your face, neck and décolleté. Vegan friendly and paraben-free it reduces age spots, fine lines and wrinkles. It’s also priced right at $28 for the 10 packet kit.
- Alcohol-free the Peter Thomas Roth (PTR to his followers) facial pads are quick, easy and seemed to be dipped in the fountain of youth. Results are noticeable, fragrance-free and good for all skin types.