The holidays will come to a close the start of 2017. What better way to bring in the New Year than with these trending winter cocktails? Esquire brings you thirteen winter0friendly cocktails, and if you are a whiskey drinker, check out their 21 whiskey drink recipes. Here are a few of our faves!
- 2 ounces brandy (like Applejack)
- ¼ ounce maple syrup
- 3 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- Stir ingredients with ice, then strain into an old fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
Just what the doctor ordered! Ginger, honey, and lemon make this classic scotch drink perfect for the winter.
- 2 ounces blended scotch
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce honey syrup
- ½ ounce ginger syrup
- ¼ ounce Laphroig scotch
- Shake the blended scotch, lemon juice, and syrups with ice and strain into a double old fashioned glass with a single large ice cube.
- Pour Laphroig over the back of a bar spoon so that it floats atop the drink. Finish with a lemon wheel.
New York Sour
This aromatic drink is also colorful when you pour red wine over a traditional whiskey sour.
- 2 oz bourbon
- .75 oz lemon juice
- .75 oz simple syrup
- Red wine float
- Shake the bourbon, lemon juice, and simple syrup with ice.
- Strain into an old fashioned glass over ice.
- Top with red wine float. Don’t mix for a beautiful, layered affect.
This elevated glass of champagne is made by simply soaking a sugar cube in Angostura bitters and then dropping the sugar cube into the champagne.
Make a regular margarita but split the base with reposado tequila and mescal, then add an egg white, lime juice, and simple syrup. Shake it all up and pour into a salt rimmed glass. Turns a summer margarita into a winter wonderland.
Cranberry juice and allspice bring the winter and holiday flavors to this vodka drink that goes down like a Tom Collins.
Warm and spicy. After a hectic holiday season, curl up by the fireplace with this cognac and rum toddy garnished with a cinnamon stick and a slice of lemon studded with cloves.
A cherry spirit (like Leroux Kirschwasser) and bitters are added to a Manhattan made with sweet vermouth.
Sweet vermouth replaces dry to make this holiday drink more festive. Add maraschino and orange bitters for a cozy wintery drink.
So, pick and choose. One or all. However you celebrate the holidays, be safe and responsible.