Let’s face it. Adults love Halloween just as much as the kids, so why not bring the Halloween fun to the office with a festive party? It’s the perfect excuse to throw the dieting out the door for a day and enjoy. Gorge yourself on all the goodies just like the kids. You can always hit the gym the next day to burn them off.
Surprise your co-workers with this exceptionally stomach turning, yet tasty, dish.
The Most Disgusting (yet yummy) Halloween Treat: Kitty Litter Cake
Okay, this one is not for the weak of stomach; however, it is sure to keep the co-workers talking. This is a recipe for a Kitty Litter cake. It is super tasty, but also disgusting to look at. If you are looking for a laugh and want to bring the most disturbing cake to your office celebration, I promise the kitty litter cake won’t disappoint.
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (your favorite kind can be German, double chocolate, or standard chocolate, your pick!)
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 pack of vanilla pudding mix (2 if you want it a little more gooey)
- 1 package of your favorite vanilla cookie (I use vanilla wafers)
- A bag of Tootsie Rolls
- Green or brown food coloring (I prefer green)
- Brand new kitty litter box
- Brand new kitty litter shovel/scooper
- Cook both cake mixes per box directions. Doesn’t matter the pan size as you will just be crumbling the cakes. Once the cakes are cooked and cooled, crumble the cakes into a large bowl. Next use a blender or food processor to crumble the cookies. You want them very crumbled to resemble kitty litter.
- Separate out 1/3 cup of the crumbled cookies and add green or brown food coloring. Set aside.
- Mix together the crumbled cake, non-colored cookies crumbs, and pudding until moist. Add the mixture to the clean kitty litter pan.
- Heat the Tootsie Rolls slightly in the microwave so that you can mold them. Remove and gently shape the ends so the Tootsie Rolls are no longer blunted on the ends, instead you want them slightly stretched and rounded. Bury the Tootsie Rolls throughout the cake.
- Now you have the kitty litter base with some hidden surprises. For the top, srinkle the dyed cookie crumbs across the top of the cake. Then place some of the molded Tootsie Rolls on the top. You can even drape a couple gently over the side of the kitty litter pan.
Now you have a very disturbing looking, yet tasty, office treat. Everyone will definitely take a second look at this creation and before they take a bite they’ll be wondering what they’re about to bite into!
What is the most disturbing Halloween treat you have encountered? Could you eat a kitty litter cake?