Beauty Box Breakdown
June 4, 2015
I love it when I get a sample of a new beauty product to try out. It’s like a little treat. Will it be a new find or a toss in the trash? You just never know what you are going to get and that can also be a tad frustrating. Enter the beauty box subscription. If you haven’t tried one then you are missing out on the latest new finds, hot items and even some that aren’t available in stores yet. I’ve got the beauty box breakdown just for you.
Like Stitch Fix, Daily Elite, and Golden Tote, beauty box subscriptions will send you an array of products each month based on your skin type, needs, coloring and even your level of desire for experimentation. For a set dollar amount you receive either sample or full-size items that give you more bang for your buck.
- Birchbox– ($10 per month) the original beauty box subscription service, Birchbox sends four to five samples each month with an extra goody thrown in like a hair tie or specialty gum or power bar. Items are often high end and have never before seen. It’s like it is your birthday every time a box arrives. Available for both men and women. Bonus: If you like an item from your Birchbox you can order the full-size product directly from them afterwards.
- Blissmo– ($25 per month) is all about the non-toxic, eco-friendly options. Each month you receive a curated box of beauty items that are alternatives to the conventional products available. Full and trial size items are always sent. Food or household box subscriptions are also available.
- Ipsy-($10) like Birchbox you get four to five items that range from skincare to makeup and haircare. Each box includes a reusable bag that you can pass on to a friend or keep for yourself. The bags are often cute and a bit cheeky. The products are valued around $50 each month. Well worth the surprise factor each time.
- Wantable– ($36-40) this particular company works a bit differently but the products are always premium and hard to find anywhere else. The first month is $40 for the box and $36 each month afterwards with a four dollar credit for every box after the first one. Wantable also has fitness, fashion, accessories and intimates as separate box subscriptions.
- Glossybox– ($21) featuring four to five luxury brands within each box, Glossybox special Limited Edition boxes to a select few subscribers. Subscriptions can go monthly, every six months or month to month and you pick the delivery. Shipping is free. With brands like AHAVA, essie, fresh and Ouidad you know your beauty needs will be taken care of in a high-end fashion.
Have you tried any of these subscriptions?