March 12, 2016
I’ll admit it. When I’m having a busy night, the first thing I tend to cut back on is the time I spend in the kitchen. I enjoy cooking, but when I’m rushed and working late, I just don’t have a chance to spend several hours making dinner. I don’t want to resort to boxed macaroni and cheese or frozen pizza for dinner, but I just don’t have a lot of time to spend cooking. I’ve found these kitchen gadgets help me stick to my healthy eating goals even when I don’t have a lot of time.
5 Must Have Kitchen Gadgets for Healthy Eating
One of the most important things to consider when purchasing a kitchen gadget (or anything really) is will you use it? You can have all the kitchen gadgets in the world, and a refrigerator stocked full of healthy food, but if they aren’t used, it won’t help. Create a menu plan and make a point to use what you have.
- A slow cooker – Whether you call it a crockpot or a slow cooker, this is the first small kitchen appliance that I recommend purchasing. There are a variety of different meals you can make in a slow cooker including stew, roasts, and even fresh bread. Look for one with a removable insert to make clean up easier. You will also find slow cookers that have extra functions like sauteeing and steaming. Buy the best, most versatile slow cooker you can afford.
- A blender – There are very few things that I enjoy for breakfast more than a smoothie. Skip the ice cream and unhealthy ingredients and instead, go for a frozen banana, Greek yogurt, a handful of strawberries and a dash of orange juice. This is one of my favorite breakfast recipes and a blender makes it easy to begin the day with a healthy choice. Look for a high powered blender that can take care of anything you want to add. An added plus is a blender with a smoothie setting.
- An InstantPot – I am just in love with my InstantPot. If you’re not familiar with the name, an InstantPot is a programmable pressure cooker. You can have a healthy dinner on the table in just 15 minutes. Some of the models even make yogurt!
- A juicer. If you love a glass of juice, you may be dismayed to learn that many varieties purchased at the store aren’t that healthy and often contain added sugar or even corn syrup. You can make your own with a juicer. Decided ahead of time whether you want to juice only fruit or if you’d like the option to add greens and vegetables. Different juicers can handle various types of produce.
- A spiralizer. This gadget is on my list for my next purchase. Ditch the traditional pasta and instead, make your spaghetti noodles from zucchini and other fresh vegetables! Ideal for those who follow a gluten-free or Paleo lifestyle.
Which of these kitchen gadgets for healthy eating are on your list?