Summer is a truly hectic time of year for me. I run several businesses online from home. Unfortunately, I don’t have the benefit of a true office. My office is in our living room which is normally a very quiet place. When school is out for the summer months, it becomes a living room again. That means my teenagers spend 95% of their time in it watching television or playing games on the Wii. When that happens, my productivity level is cut in half. Not only do I have to try harder to concentrate, I also get to play taxi service and bring them to their friends’ houses.
This inevitably means that I get less done during the day. I find myself working later and later which impacts how quickly I can get dinner on the table for everyone. As much as I’d love to give everyone peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner, I don’t think that would go over very well. I want to give them something for dinner that’s nutritious and delicious but that I can prepare in less than 20 minutes. Finding a recipe that fits all three of those categories can be a challenge. That’s where this Pasta all’Uovo recipe comes into play.
Pasta all’Uovo With Mushrooms, Mascarpone and Parmesan
- 1/2 package of pasta all’uovo (egg noodles)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 6 – 10 sliced fresh mushrooms (to your taste)
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 container of mascarpone
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Parsley to garnish
- Cook 1/2 package of pasta all’uovo (egg noodles) per package direction
- Melt butter and extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan
- Add the mushrooms and cook until tender
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream and add the mascarpone. Stir until melted.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir well.
- Add a small handful of chopped parsley.
- Stir and serve topped with grated fresh parmesan cheese.
What are your favorite summer recipes?