Treat Dad To Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes For Father’s Day
May 31, 2013
Father’s Day is right around the corner and I’m sure you’re trying to find the perfect gift that Dad will appreciate. No, he doesn’t need a tie or another Greatest Dad t-shirt. You’ve heard the old saying: The way to any man’s heart is through his stomach? Well, Dad’s stomach will definitely appreciate these Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes when you make them for him on Father’s Day. This recipe makes exactly three Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes. If you want some for the whole family or if Dad has a bigger appetite, increase the quantities.
Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Dash of nutmeg
- Slightly less than 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese (part skim if Dad is watching his waist line)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- Handful of fresh blueberries
- 100% olive oil spray
- Mix all the ingredients except for the blueberries together in a mixing bowl.
- Spray the bottom of a pan with 100% olive oil spray & heat on medium heat until it is hot.
- Using a 1/4″ measuring cup, pour three pancakes in the pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries on top of each pancake.
- Wait until you see small bubbles forming on the sides of the pancakes.
- Flip carefully using a spatula and cook on the other side until the pancakes are golden brown.
The ricotta cheese added to these pancakes makes them much lighter and fluffier than traditional pancakes. By adding the blueberries on top of the pancakes once they are in the pan, you make sure that each pancake has a similar amount of blueberries in it. If you would prefer, you can substitute another type of berry for the blueberries. We enjoy fresh raspberries and blackberries in our pancakes during the summer months.