10 Ways to Cook With Canned Pumpkin
October 22, 2020
It’s “pumpkin everything” season! The next time you’re grocery shopping, consider stocking up on canned pumpkin because there are many ways you can use it! Even after fall ends, canned pumpkin is available year-round so you can make tasty meals and snacks all winter.
- Pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins. Not only are they delicious, they are also a great snack to put in the school lunchboxes. I love to make four or more loaves at a time (or 48 muffins) and give some to friends and relatives as a little treat. They will go fast!
- Add a can to chili. This changes the flavor with added sweetness and adds extra fiber too. Consider pumpkin puree if you make white bean chicken chili too.
- Pumpkin puree with a dash of maple syrup is delish on a bagel or English muffin as a spread.
- Have some vanilla ice cream, milk and cinnamon in the house? Add a generous scoop of pumpkin and make a smoothie that is perfect for a fall afternoon watching the leaves change.
- Take out the waffle maker and add a scoop or two of pumpkin to your waffle batter for a scrumptious morning meal. You can also do this with pancakes.
- Making veggie lasagna? You can use canned pumpkin puree instead of butternut squash.
- Cooking homemade soup? Add a scoop of pumpkin puree to thick soups like minestrones or mixed vegetable soups.
- Fall is not fall without pumpkin pie. Homemade Thanksgiving pumpkin pie is a treat and a great family time to cook together.
- You can add a can of pumpkin to a vanilla pudding recipe for a seasonal treat. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Pumpkin with pasta? Why yes! Stir a scoop into mac and cheese, add a scoop to your penne sauce, or use some mixed into a creamy sauce like alfredo for a delish seasonal (and colorful) dinner.
What is your favorite way to use canned pumpkin?
Plus, try this Frankenfood Pumpkin Pie Cupcake recipe!