Are you looking for ways to enhance your blog? It is well-known that successful blogs are developed by regularly posting remarkable content. By providing relevant, valuable information, blog authors are able to draw in and engage readers. However, there is a lesser-known way that truly successful bloggers use to appeal to readers: effectively using images.
If you are looking for additional ways to attract, engage, and retain your blog readers, here are 7 ways to enhance your blog using images:
- Use your header to brand you. Your blog header is generally the first thing a visitor to your site will see. Making it distinctive by including your logo, tagline, and brand colors can help to strengthen your brand. But don’t stop there. If you are in business, make sure your messaging, logo, and brand colors are consistent throughout all of your marketing materials (business cards, email signature, press releases, etc.).
- Include images in your posts. By including photos in your posts, ones that will attract readers and engage conversation, you are more likely to appeal to visitors. Visually appealing images will entice visitors to read your post and will then keep them on your site. You can even snap one with your smart phone. Video posts are also effective ways to capture visitors’ attention while sharing relevant information.
- Use images as a call to action. Your sidebar and footer are ideal places to provide useful information and to show your readers what action you want them to take next. Include images that link to your resources, events, products, etc. Be sure the visuals you use stand out and clearly convey to your readers what action to take.
- Clearly display your main objective. Though you may have several goals for your blog, you should be clear about your main objective. What do you want your blog visitors to do when they come to your site? Whether it’s following you, signing up for your newsletter, or subscribing to your updates, use images to direct your visitors’ attention to your main call to action. Place this image in a prominent place on your blog so readers are sure to see it.
- Offer value for free. One of the best ways to build trust and credibility with your followers is to create something they would value and give it away. This will serve as an incentive for readers, increasing your list of subscribers. By using an enticing image for your free offer, you can attract more readers to sign up. You can check out this Top Resource for ideas on what you can offer.
- Promote your products. Do you have products to promote on your site? By effectively positioning an appealing photo of your product and including a clear call to action, you can build awareness while encouraging more sales.
- Connect with your readers. Make it easier for your viewers to connect with you by placing a picture of yourself on your sidebar or on your “About” page. By revealing the person behind the “voice” of your blog, you help to establish trusting relationships with your audience.
While you may incorporate many of these suggestions, be careful not to create a distraction by adding too many pictures. By appropriately using images, you can engage your readers and enhance your blog.
What images do you use on your blog? Please share your responses in the comments below.