Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie: Perfect for Spring
April 2, 2015
With spring just around the corner my customers are looking for a lighter dessert with fresh fruits and maybe even a few less calories. This pie recipe is one of my favorites to make, not only because it’s easy but it’s also absolutely outstanding. If you don’t think you have that much time check out my tips underneath the recipe and you will have a homemade pie in under five minutes!
Graham Cracker Shell
(You can also buy one pre-made to save time)
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers substitute with crushed pretzels for a salty crust)
- 1 stick butter or 1/2 cup, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Mix crushed graham crackers and sugar until well blended.
- Add melted butter.
- Mix well and press into the bottom only of a 9 inch round pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Cream Cheese filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In electric mixing bowl whip cream cheese until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until fluffy.
- Spread into bottom only of cooled pie shell.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Over medium heat, combine water, sugar, cornstarch and 1 cup of the strawberries crushed in a sauce pan.
- Continue cooking until sauce becomes almost clear. Cool.
- Press remaining strawberries into cream cheese mixture
- Spread strawberry liquid mixture over strawberries and cream cheese.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In mixing bowl start whipping heavy cream.
- Add sugar one tablespoon at a time until stiff peaks form.
- Spread across strawberry topping.
Those are the directions on how to make this pie from scratch, which doesn’t take that long. However, if you need to make a “homemade” pie in only a short few minutes simply buy the crust, premixed cream cheese, a can of strawberry topping and a tub of cool whip, layer it and you have yourself a really yummy pie in about 3 minutes ?