Those gorgeous peepers of yours are lovely in and of themselves, but everyone likes a little glamour or extra oomph, right? That is where the eyelashes enter the picture. They are perfect for framing the eyes, showing off volume and extension, and adding a wide awake look even when you are not. Your lashes can make a statement all on their own. Find out the best products for extending the lashes and ways to keep them and you looking their best.
And the Winner Is
Why bother messing around with a million tubes of inky gunk that calls itself mascara when you can have the champions of volume, length and fullness? These mascara winners (in no particular order) are easy to find and always in season.
- Diorshow Iconic Overcurl ($28) – The thick formula on this department store brand is worth every penny. The curled wand works magic and eliminates the need to curl the lashes beforehand. It lasts all day and won’t smudge. Lashes look light and full 24/7.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Volume ($28) – This ultra-black mascara keeps lashes curled all day no matter how straight they are while resisting smudges and streaking. It washes off easily with just warm water leaving no trace of it behind.
- Maybelline Volum’ Express Pumped Up! Colossal ($7.99) – Offers the trifecta as it adds volume, length and keeps lashes separated without clumping. It won’t give up on you until it is time to remove it. Perfect for those of us who like the doe-eyed look.
- Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Waterproof ($19) – Tops the charts with its staying power. Definition, separation in a silky, clump-free formula? Yes, please! This mascara is like waterproof lightening in a bottle.
- MAC False Lashes ($21) – Ranks high with those of us who like a bit of drama in our lives. This mascara extends lashes, fans and feathers them like nobody’s business. It’s smooth, long-lasting and totally dramatic for your lashes.
Tips & Tricks
Look Younger: Your lashes can open up the eye when you curl them with an eyelash curler and add some lengthening mascara. Did you know that by adding small dots of or dashes right above your upper lash line and in between your lashes you can make them look thicker and fuller? Oh, indeed. And that trick my dear, makes your whole face look younger.
Elongate Long-Term: Skip the false lashes and the messy glue. Pick up an extension kit like Physicians Formula Eye Booster Instant Lash Extension Kit for around $15. The two-part kit contains lash-boosting mascara and a tube of thickening gel that creates length and volume all day long. No sticky messes included.