I will freely admit that I am not a shoe gal. I am 100% that bag lady. They crowd my closet shelves near my front door, they take up space in my bedroom closet and I even hang them on hangers to create a bit more space. While I love a good clutch and crossbody too the practical and always versatile tote bag is my go-to bag almost every time. I keep one in my car just to hold things like library books, returns to the big red bullseye, and more. Tote bags make hauling your necessities for work, travel, the gym, and even date night stylish and easy.
Before buying your next tote bag it is a good idea to keep these few things in mind. What is your lifestyle like? Do you need the tote to be more professional looking? Look for form and fuction. Is the tote more for toting diapers and cups for the kiddos? Then the dividers are probably needed.
No matter your tote bag needs, the straps always need to be comfortable and long enough. Now let us get shopping! My top ten picks are all here for you. Find your favorite today.
- Madewell ‘The Transport’ Tote ($169)—Sleek with a zippered top, the Madewell Transport is the very definition of uncomplicated. Sturdy straps mean you can carry it in hand or on the shoulder. A flat base and interior pockets make it a must-have tote bag.
- Tory Burch ‘Ella’ Tote ($195)—Coming in an array of colors and everything from nylon, puffer, leather, and canvas materials, the ‘Ella’ works on many levels. The nylon tote folds up and is water-resistant, the canvas is better at the beach, the leather looks stylish for work or play. A versatile bag in a style to match everyone.
- Cuyana Structured Leather Tote ($195)—Classic in style and made from buttery-soft Italian leather the Cuyana tote is at the top of many favorite bag lists. Sustainably made with comfortable straps it looks great day or night.
- Dagne Dover Signature Tote ($265)—Structured leather with spacious interior pockets makes this tote highly organized. A polished workhorse of a bag that even has room for a neoprene water bottle.
- Longchamp Large Le Pliage Neo Nylon Tote ($190)—Durable and always at the top of the list this curved shape, water repellent nylon tote is perfect for travel. Fold it up in your suitcase and then use it to tote your essentials or purchases on your next trip.
- Lands’ End Canvas Tote ($40)—A perennial favorite, the Lands End tote in sturdy canvas comes in a variety of sizes and colors. Zip it closed or leave it open. The shorter handles work on the shoulder or in hand. A front pocket is good for keys and a cell phone. Makes an excellent beach bag too.
- Inc Zoiey 2-in-1 Commuter Tote ($99)—Faux leather with gold hardware, this roomy tote contains a removable crossbody bag that has a removable strap of its own. Classic in style with room enough for a water bottle, umbrella, laptop, and makeup bag … this tote is a nice addition for your work and everyday needs.
- Drubea Leather Tote from Amazon ($11-16)—This tote works in the everyday. Magnetic closure along with a small pocket and large pocket create space for all your things including an iPad, charger, books, a wallet, keys, and a cosmetic bag. I have given this bag as a gift more than once. I tuck smaller gifts inside it and use the bag as the gift bag.
- Everlane the Day Square Tote ($165)—Smaller than the others, this tote can still carry a laptop and an extra pair of shoes, if needed. It is a great combination of fashion and function that is durable and comfortable to use.
- MZ Wallace Medium Metro Tote ($215)—Roomy and soft this quilted tote is perfect for your work or gym routine. A removable zip tote and space for all your essentials plus a water bottle. This is a great addition to your bag collection.
What kind of bag do you love to use every day?