What’s old is new and that is very apparent this upcoming spring and summer season. The return of the ‘Me decade’ is infiltrating the fashion world at warp speed. Everything from the maxi dress you wear to the beach to the sandals on your feet. The freshness of spring and heat of the summer will bear the stamp of this ultra-glam time with a healthy mix of boho-chic thrown in.
What can we expect to see this spring and summer season? Think plunging necklines, metallics, satin and a whole lot more.
- Maxi dresses have been around for several seasons but they are a total throwback from the days of disco. Add a halter-style neckline or a deep and plunging V-neck and you have yourself a total 70’s ensemble refreshed for 2015. In classic black or bright white it can cause a heat wave this summer season. Add a punch of color in bright citrus hues for a visually stunning look.
- Dr. Scholl sandals were worn by everyone and their mom back in the day. Don’t dust off those old clogs just yet. The latest from the good doctor has us clad in jewel-studded sandals and metallic leather versus the standard navy or beige we usually associate with the brand.
- Denim with flare is where it is at right now. Forget boot-cut jeans and say hello to the slim hip-hugging flares and bell-bottom jeans that we swore we would never wear again. A decidedly more classic take and step up from last seasons ‘mom jean’ reprisal, the flare leg is tailored and seen in both dark and light wash denim. Wear them with heels, heeled boots and even flats if your height allows it. Don’t forget to add a bow blouse for an extra dose of elegance.
- The retro luxe look is going to be seen all over this spring. Pair slimming wide-leg pants with a button down print blouse and a plunging neckline. Throw on a pair of oversized sunglasses for an outfit that says both yesterday and today.
- Earth tones in shades of tiger lily orange, antique red and cocoa brown mix well with creams, navy blue and avocado green. Harvest gold will be adorning many sundresses and suits this season. It pairs well with the bohemian trend too.
- Vibrant prints go beyond Palm Beach Lily Pulitzer style. Everything from floral, animal and more can be seen in an array of colors to decorate your twin sets, bathing suits and even some pant suits for the real daring fashionistas.
- Fringe in leather, crochet and suede adorns all manner of boots, bags and clothing right now. Wear it in earth tones and short hemlines for the best effect.