The last year was a big one for many subscription box services. They had to provide stellar service in a lockdown world and pivot to the changing needs of their subscribers who found themselves living life differently.
The ones that stand out provided value, fun, convenience, and a distraction in our stay-at-home lives. They bring the joy that is a surprise package as well as things we could use, love, and buy more of in the future.
We might have been sheltering in place but the stand-out subscription box services offered us skincare that helped us glow, active and leisurewear to get us through our days, and the ability to feel normal with each delivery. Here are the top picks in skincare, makeup, wellness, and clothing.
Beauty & Wellness
This category encompasses a broad spectrum of products that include skincare, make-up, and wellness items that can range from yoga mats to specialty teas and lots more in between.
- FabFitFun: this quarterly service does not disappoint. It frequently makes the top provider list year after year with its ability to offer members high-value products at a much discounted price. Love a product so much you want more of it? You can re-order at a discount. Their items for the home create a sense of calm with comfy robes and blankets or sleep masks mix with activewear accessories or designer cups and jewelry. You can pick and choose before delivery too.
- Allure Beauty Box: For under $25 per month you receive a box full of premium samples that allow you to try out products from popular brands. Full of on-trend ingredients you read about as well as current cosmetics it’s an incredible value.
- BeautyFIX: For the skincare junkie that loves serums, creams, and anti-aging solutions. Created by Dermastore.com the box offers full-size and sample size products that are top of the line and high in value.
- TheraBox: Want to feel relaxed and pampered without leaving your home? TheraBox offers subscribers thought-provoking activities mixes with goodies to do just that. One month might include a jade roller for your face combined with an affirmation journal and incense. Wellness is a box away.
A Fashionable Mix
There are many subscription clothing boxes out there. Some are exclusive to brands while others help you with your workwear. Which ones offer up the best quality items and always deliver? Read on.
- StitchFix: This box service includes both an in-house stylist and a detailed survey of your sizes, preferences, and budget. Returns are free and items are personalized to your needs each month.
- Wantable: Available in an array of sizes, you can stream pieces before each box is shipped. A personal stylist gathers items monthly in either activewear or everyday clothing to suit your work and casual clothing needs.
- Dia & Co: Classic pieces to round out your wardrobe are on everyone’s list, including curvy women. Ranging in sizes 12-36 the company offers subscriptions in fitness and activewear with their Active Box as well as the curated Style Box. Request boxes on-demand or monthly.