Eating gluten-free is becoming more and more common in the average household. Children and adults are finding that, even if they do not have Celiac disease, gluten can still be a digestive issue. Trying to find recipes that still taste like you are eating “the real thing” is sometimes hard to do, especially with children. This recipe is not only gluten-free, it’s sugar-free and hides a nutritional veggie inside. It’s a delicious recipe, and super easy to make. Once you start stocking your cabinets with gluten-free flour and other ingredients you will find it is easier to follow this plan!
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup Truvia or desired sweetener to taste
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- In large mixing bowl add melted butter, sweetener and eggs. Blend well.
- Add coconut and almond flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in shredded zucchini and dark chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a coated 10 inch round or 9×9 inch square pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes until middle is just set.
- Cool and frost.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp Truvia sweetener powdered (blended until powdered)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In large bowl mix heavy cream and Truvi until it starts to thicken.
- Add cocoa and vanilla, continue mixing until frosting becomes thickened and smooth.
- Frost your cake.
- Store in refrigerator
Hint: This recipe would also make a great cupcake, or mini cupcake recipe. Spray the cupcake pan size of your choice or use liners and fill about 2/3 of the way. Bake at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes. Makes a great little treat!