You are serious about how you spend your time. You pack all the fun, work and living you can into each day. That includes trying to stay in shape and getting your body to really work for you. Are you making the most of the foods you eat and how they fuel your body? Certain foods and daily tasks can totally boost your metabolism and burn fat all day long.
Fuel to Burn
Trigger those fat loss hormones with powerful fat burning foods that are nutrient-rich and packed with everything you need to stay strong.
- Red beans and rice for dinner tonight? Yes, please! Red kidney beans are high in fiber keeping you feeling full longer while also being a resistant starch. A resistant starch works to fight inflammation in the intestines keeping diseases like cancer at bay. That all helps to burn fat.
- Add extra garlic to that spaghetti sauce and don’t leave the onions off your sandwich. Foods like shallots, chives, garlic and onions contain glutathione, an antioxidant that helps remove hormone-disrupting chemicals from your liver. They also lower your bad cholesterol while raising your HDL (good) cholesterol levels.
- Remember the bread basket? Whole grains are an important part of boosting your metabolism but they have to be 100% whole grains. Like red beans, whole grains keep you full longer while regulating your insulin levels and stopping that shaky low blood sugar feeling.
There are plenty of foods that fight fat and speed up your metabolism. Who wants to keep shoving food in their face all day long? Drinks and liquids can also help with this task.
- We know that the caffeine in coffee can kick your metabolism into high gear but it also dehydrates you and stains your teeth. Two alternatives exist with no staining and many health boosting qualities. Green Tea mid-day is a nice treat served piping hot or over ice. Drink it all year round and enjoy a better sense of insulin sensitivity, hormone regulation and fat burning. Water isn’t just the drink of life. Imbibe 17 ounces of the clear stuff (no added flavors, please) and your metabolism burns 30% faster. Easy peasy!
- There is a reason some celebs drink a teaspoon of cider vinegar daily. It aids in digestion and burns fat fast. A spoonful of sugar may help the medicine go down but a teaspoon of vinegar aids in alkalizing the body which helps in weight loss. It also suppresses your appetite and accelerates your metabolism. Drink a teaspoon mixed with a glass of water before a meal, twice a day and you are double-teaming the metabolic system.
Get that metabolism burning high today.
Image Source: Polyvore