I try really hard to be aware of what I’m eating. I limit junk food and foods that are overly processed. I’m one of those people who reads the ingredient labels on everything I buy and tries to stay up to date on the latest health information. The one area that I still really struggle with is eating enough vegetables each day.
Easy Ways To Get More Vegetables Into Your Diet
I know that the easiest way to get more vegetables in your diet is just to eat them with every meal and for snacks. Unfortunately, when I think of breakfast, I don’t think of a big pile of vegetables. I’ve been searching for easy ways to get more vegetables into my diet that don’t involve just eating a big pile for breakfast. These are some of the easy ways that work best for me:
- Juice them. Tossing in a handful of beets into your juicer is a great way to get vegetables into your diet without even noticing it. My favorite combination is beets, carrots and apples. I have the blend for breakfast and it really doesn’t taste like I’m having veggies.
- Make a smoothie or a shake. This won’t work with every vegetable but you can easily add in spinach your morning smoothie with apples and bananas. It tastes delicious and I can fool the kids into thinking it’s a green shake.
- Grate them. It’s very easy to grate some carrots and add them into your meatloaf. Even my husband doesn’t notice when I do this and it’s one of our family favorites.
- Dip them. Sitting down with a big bowl of carrot sticks doesn’t inspire me but if you give me some homemade ranch dressing to dip them in, I’m happy. It also works with hummus!
- Top your pizza. We love pizza and the kids don’t have any problem at all with peppers, onions, mushrooms and spinach on top of their pizza.
- Add them to an omelet. I love a big cheese omelet and it tastes just as delicious when you toss in a handful of mushrooms and spinach.
- Add them to spaghetti sauce. It’s really easy to grate up some zucchini and add it into your spaghetti sauce. If the kids (or your husband ask), just tell them they are Italian herbs. They’ll never know the difference.
Now that I’ve shared these easy ways to get more vegetables into your diet, which will you try first? Have I missed any that work for you?