The New Year will be here before even your champagne loses its fizz. Take a moment to not only reflect on the upcoming twelve months but to think about what you would really like to see change in your life. It may not be resolutions, but instead small life style changes that can make a big impact towards creating a life that is filled with more love, more health and happiness.
Best Laid Plans
This involves actual planning on your part. In order to achieve your goals and see real success in fitness, weight loss, debt management, organization and anything in your life you need to plan ahead. Start by planning for the next day, then the week ahead and the month. See the details in the days and the bigger goals will be achieved in the month. When you hit a marker in your plan, celebrate and plan more of that future. Here are sixteen goals to get you started:
- Get up and drink a glass of water. Bonus points if you squeeze detoxifying lemon into it.
- Take 2-5 minutes to stretch after you get out of bed. It works out the kinks and energizes you.
- Get moving. You should already have a plan in place for exercising that day and for 4-5 days a week.
- Pack your meals and snacks for the day ahead. If you are trying to lose weight or eat healthier, this is the best way to avoid cravings and hunger.
- Save money. The satisfaction of seeing your savings grow and knowing you are planning for your future reduces stress which creates a healthier you. Skip the gym membership and workout at home with free apps and YouTube programs online.
- Reconnect with old friends. Catching up reduces stress and helps you live longer.
- Try Meatless Mondays. Doesn’t have to be a Monday but these meatless meals helps save money and your waistline.
- Bake your favorite treats and then give most of them away. It maintains friendships and gives you a case of the feel goods.
- Add veggies to your morning eggs.
- Set your alarm to turn off your tech devices at least 20 minutes before you go to bed to allow your brain to power down.
- Find a fun fitness outlet. If that means going with a friend, then go. Warrior Dashes, Color Runs, crazy dance classes or water sports are a good break from the normal fitness routine.
- Plank daily. Start small and work your way up to a full minute and do it first thing each day. It’s a great way to think fit.
- Clear out clutter for a more organized life.
- Drink tea for less stress and antioxidants.
- Donate your unwanted items to charity instead of friends or family.
- Volunteer to make a difference in your life and others. It creates happiness in your world and your community.