Halloween Candy Baking: Butterfinger Pie Recipe
October 29, 2014
With Halloween approaching quickly, your cupboards will be filled with leftover candy. Why not turn some of that chocolate into a delicious dessert?
This easy, no-bake Butterfinger pie recipe may be just the perfect recipe! I spent some time researching various recipes. They all had several ingredients in common (a base of graham cracker crust, cream cheese, cool whip/whipped topping and Butterfinger candy bars). I finally chose a recipe from Very Best Baking but then added my own touches, including a homemade chocolate graham cracker crust and chocolate drizzle topping. This pie has become a showpiece at my restaurant!
Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust
I prefer to make a crust, but you can also by a pre-made one.
- 1 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend crushed graham crackers, sugar and cocoa together. Add melted butter. Mix well.
- Press crust into a 9 inch round pan. Bake for about 15 minutes. Note: For easy removal of your pie, try spraying your pan with a cooking spray before you press in the crust.
- Cool completely.
Butterfinger Pie Filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (2.1 ounce) Butterfinger candy bar (plus extra for decoration on top)
- 2 cups whipping cream (add 1 cup if you would like to put the extra layer on top)
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Beat cream cheese in mixer until smooth, add peanut butter and powdered sugar beat well.
- Stir in chopped candy bar. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread into crust.
- Chill for 3 or more hours. Add extra whipped topping if desired.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with crushed candy.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with your baking. Take this recipe and throw in your favorite leftover candy bar. Snickers, Twix, or peanut butter cups would all be great in this recipe. Just don’t forget until your kids go to bed before you sneak all their candy!