Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
May 5, 2014
Ever since my daughter was diagnosed with gluten intolerance years ago, I have struggled with finding gluten-free snacks that she enjoys. If you have ever tried gluten-free baked goods, you’ll know they usually taste different from traditional baked goods. If it’s all you have ever known, there may not be a problem. Unfortunately, if you spend the first twelve years of your life eating traditional foods, switching to gluten-free baked goods can be a challenge.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Thankfully, this gluten free peanut butter cookie recipe is every bit as delicious as a traditional peanut butter cookie recipe. Unlike most gluten-free baked good items, this gluten-free peanut butter cookie recipe doesn’t use a gluten-free flour like rice flour or soy flour. It uses absolutely no flour at all. I was surprised when I first learned of the recipe years ago because I thought cookie recipes had to have flour in them. Trust me. No flour and it comes out delicious.
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (not vanilla flavoring)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl until they are well combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough and place on the cookie sheet.
- Using a fork, gently press down on the top of each cookie to flatten it.
- Bake for 10 minutes, checking frequently during the last few minutes to be certain they don’t burn.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cookie rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Store in a container with a tightly fitting lid.
Enjoy! Do you have a favorite gluten-free peanut butter cookie recipe?