This time of year fresh vegetables can be found nearly everywhere – whether its your garden or the local farmer’s market. I love grilling my veggies but I can never get my kids to even try them, so I started finding sneaky ways to get them to eat them without even knowing it!
This zucchini bread recipe is the perfect find. it is sweet and moist filled with green vegetables and best of all my kids absolutely love it! If you are looking for a great school snack take this recipe and turn this bread into delicious muffins, great for lunches.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Grease and flour two 8×4 inch pans.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda and cinnamon together in a bowl, set aside
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar together.
- Add dry flour mixture to the creamed wet ingredients and beat well.
- Stir in zucchini and chopped walnuts until well combined, pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 20 minutes, then remove bread from pan and completely cool.
My kids love this with just a little butter on a warm slice of bread, but if your kids still won’t try it, drizzle this homemade lemon glaze over the loaf.
- 2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Put the sugar in a small bowl, add lemon juice and rind, whisk together
- Drizzle over bread.