As the weather begins to cool down and mornings take some warming up to – this hearty breakfast of Sausage and Potato Frittata is perfect for weekend brunch or when you have guests in town. This recipe is gluten-free and can also be dairy-free if you substitute a vegan cream cheese for the traditional cream cheese.
Sausage and Potato Frittata Recipe:
- 4 tsp oil
- 1 sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 2 large potatoes sliced thinly and cooked
- 1 can (8 3/4 oz) corn
- 4 oz (half a pkg) cream cheese
- Heat the oil in a nonstick 10-in. skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and zucchini. Cook, stirring and breaking up sausage for 5 minutes until the sausage is cooked and zucchini is soft.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the potatoes and corn (drained) to the pain. Stir and then fold in the eggs. Add the cream cheese.
- Cover and cook the egg mixture for about 12 minutes or until eggs are set on bottom. Slide under broiler and cook just until eggs on top have set.
Cut into wedges or scoop out individual portions. Serve with fruit, a slice of toast, and some orange juice for a delicious and well-rounded breakfast meal your entire family will love!