Dump Cakes are one of the best and easiest go-to desserts when you are short on time but really wanting to impress guests with a tasty cake! You only need one bowl and a few, pantry-ready ingredients, making it faster than ever to whip up a delicious dessert.
Food writer Anne Schaffer’s latest hit, Dump Cake Magic, offers tens of easy dump cake recipes. Here are two of Schaffer’s prizewinning recipes that require just minutes to prep, yet are guaranteed to be a hit at your Halloween gathering! Prepare and serve with Halloween themed drinks and snacks.
Deep Dish Pumpkin Snack Cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use an ungreased 10″ ovenproof, nonstick skillet.
- Slice butter into a skillet and set over medium heat until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar and brown sugar; let cool slightly.
- Whisk in egg and vanilla until light and well blended. Stir in pumpkin puree and mix well.
- Dump flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice into the skillet and whisk well, scraping down sides. Stir in chocolate chunks. Spread batter evenly in skillet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set and lightly browned around edges (do not overbake). Let cool in skillet. Serve directly from the skillet.
Caramel Apple Nut Cake
- 1 (21 oz.) can of apple pie filling
- 1 (9 oz.) package of Jiffy yellow cake mix
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts or cashews
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9″ x 9″ baking dish.
- Spread apple pie filling in a prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix and brown sugar evenly over pie filling. Drizzle apple juice over dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle with peanuts. Drizzle melted butter over all.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
For more easy-peasy dump cake recipes, check out Dump Cake Magic by Anne Schaeffer at your local library or bookstore.