I’m always on the lookout for ways to get my kids to eat healthy. Integrating fruits and vegetables into our snacks and meals is the perfect way to make sure they are getting essential vitamins and minerals. For their lunches, I always pack a fruit and who can’t resist the adorable Cuties tangerines? They’re the perfect size for my kids, and they take only seconds to pack, peel and eat. Mighties kiwi fruits are a great treat too. Cuties and Mighties can also be added to a variety of meals for a tart and tangy flavor and extra vitamins too! Here are 5 days of meals that use many of the recipes from the Cuties and Mighties archives.
Day 1: Weekend Relaxing
The weekend is a great time to unwind, relax, and get a start on the week ahead.
- Breakfast: Clementine Cranberry Muffins are the perfect way to start the day. And you can save the extras for hectic mornings during the week!
- Lunch: This Kale, Clementine and Beet Salad takes a bit of time to prepare but it’s definitely worth it. Start roasting the beets early and enjoy the rest of your morning.
- Snack: Put together a fruit salad with in-season produce and some Cuties wedges.
- Dinner: Enjoy a sit down meal with this Flank Steak with Kiwi Chimichurri. It looks as exotic as it sounds.
- Dessert: Kiwi Sorbet is a light, delicious treat to end the day.
Day 2: Weekday Workday
If you’re a working mom, it can be hard enough to get you and everyone out the door. Work days are perfect for fast and easy meals with as little prep as possible:
- Breakfast: Kiwi Oatmeal only takes a few minutes to make and you’ve got a tropical meal everyone can enjoy.
- Lunch: Spinach Salad with Kiwi Vinaigrette can be made ahead of time and enjoyed at the office – or anywhere.
- Snack: Blend a banana, two clementines, soy milk and honey for a mid-afternoon smoothie.
- Dinner: It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook this Oven-Roasted Salmon with Kiwi Salsa.
- Dessert: Clementine Sorbet is a tart treat that everyone will love.
Day 3: Midweek Madness
Some days seem like they are spent going going gone. Instead of grabbing meals on the go, plan ahead with healthy treats.
- Breakfast: On the way out the door whip up an Avocado Kiwi Smoothie for a vitamin packed breakfast treat.
- Lunch: Quinoa Clementine Salad is packed full of protein to carry you through the afternoon.
- Snack: Toss a couple of Cuties in your child’s gym bag. They’ll appreciate the snack later!
- Dinner: Kiwi Lettuce Wraps take less than 30 minutes and have a healthy Asian flare. And they are easy to transport too!
- Dessert: Kiwi Coconut Pops are a delicious way to end the day and can easily be made ahead of time.
Day 4: Playtime & Hosting
Whether you’ve got a group of your child’s classmates over for the afternoon, or guests in from out of town, these meals are easy to make for the masses.
- Breakfast: Kiwi Salsa Crepes will have everyone, guests and kids alike, raving around the breakfast table!
- Lunch: Baked Chicken Strips with Clementine Dipping Sauce is easy to serve for kids of all ages.
- Snack: Top Greek yogurt with chopped kiwi and honey. Serve with an array of other toppings like granola and other fruits.
- Dinner: Grilling is the perfect way to keep from overheating the kitchen and to move everyone outdoors. Home Burger with Kiwi Relish is a fun take on your average burger.
- Dessert: Clementine Cheesecake in a Jar are adorable and tasty! Make them a couple days in advance so you can enjoy with your guests.
Day 5: Winding Down Your Week
As your week draws to a close, add some flavor and fun to your recipes.
- Breakfast: Add peanut butter and kiwi slices to two pieces of toast or English muffin for a filling breakfast sandwich.
- Lunch: Clementine Apricot Glazed Chicken is a perfect blend of flavors for even the picky eaters.
- Snack: Slice a kiwi and toss with mango, pineapple and other fruits for a tropical fruit salad.
- Dinner: Clementine and Coriander Pork Tenderloin has a bit of a spicy kick. The perfect way to end the week!
- Dessert: Toss together kiwi slices, orange wedges, strawberries and raspberries for a fruit salsa. Serve with cinnamon chips.
What’s your favorite way to eat healthy? Share a comment below on which recipe you are going to try for the chance to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card. And if you try out one of these recipes, or even toss a few Cuties to your kids, make sure to enter the Cutie Curl Photo contest for the chance to win a Cutie Curl™ California Getaway.