The holiday season means extra baking and my family loves to sample my homemade cookies and candies. One of my father’s favorite treats is always my peppermint patties. Unfortunately they take a very long to make, so I dreamed up this super yummy recipe I call peppermint patty pie that gives my family that peppermint flavor they desire but doesn’t take nearly as long to make! Consider making it for your next party, holiday dinner, or even just because.
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In large bowl, thoroughly mix crushed graham crackers, cocoa and sugar.
- Pour in melted butter and blend well.
- Place crumb mixture into 9 inch pie pan and press firmly around edges and bottom.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- In large mixing bowl whip heavy cream until high peaks form, set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla, beat well.
- Add peppermint.
- Fold in heavy cream.
- Pour filling into pie shell and smooth.
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Place chocolate and cream in a medium-size microwavable bowl and heat for approximately one minute. Stir until it is a good consistency.
- Pour over pie filling and spread to cover entire pie.
- Chill pie for at least 3 to 4 hours before serving (you can also serve this pie right out of the freezer!)
Drizzle this pie with some chocolate syrup and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies for a festive holiday look. Trust me, your guest will wonder how you ever dreamed up such a delicious holiday pie!
If mint chocolate chip is more to your liking, use the same pie filling except either use mini chocolate chips or lightly chop semi sweet chocolate chips into the filling. Depending on your love for chocolate you may or may not choose to put the chocolate glaze on top. Use your imagination to create a dessert your guests have never tried!
If you’ve got a little extra time on your hands make these in a cupcake pan to make individual little peppermint patty or mint chocolate chip pies. If you are going to try to do this, I highly recommend that you freeze them before serving, enjoy! Happy Holidays!