No bake, salted, caramel cheesecake layered with coffee dipped Oreo cookies, need I say anything more? This recipe is super easy and is done in under 15 minutes! It’s the perfect dessert for a hot summer day when the last thing you want to do is turn on your oven.
A traditional icebox cake is a dessert made with whipped cream and chocolate wafers. The wafers are stacked with layers of whipped cream to form a log, then it’s laid on its side and frozen overnight. The wafers absorb the whipped cream and the cake can be served in slices. Our version is a little different but just as delicious!
- 1- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground sea salt
- 32 Oreo cookies
- 6 ounces strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 4 cups whipped cream, divided
- Caramel and chocolate syrup
- Sea salt
- Stir together the caramel topping and sea salt … adjusting the amount of salt to your liking.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add salted caramel mixture and mix well.
- Blend in 2 of the cups of whipped cream.
- Dip 16 Oreo cookies in the cooled coffee and place at the bottom of an 8×8 pan.
- Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture over the Oreo cookies and spread evenly.
- Repeat the next layer with dipping the remaining 16 Oreo cookies into the cooled coffee and placing them over the mixture.
- Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture over the second layer of Oreo cookies and spread evenly.
- Spread 1 cup whipped cream over the top. Refrigerate until set.
- Top with remaining 1 cup whipped cream, drizzle with caramel and chocolate syrup and extra sea salt if desired.
- Cut into 16 squares. Store in a tightly sealed container in refrigerator.
I’ve seen some amazing varieties of this recipe if you simplify it to just layers of Oreos (dipped in milk) and whipped cream.
- Make the cake with flavored Oreo cookies (think mint, peanut butter, or birthday cake).
- Make a S’Mores variety by topping with marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Mix in a layer of pudding (chocolate or vanilla).
- Mix peanut butter and/or chocolate syrup into the whipped cream for a peanut butter cup cake.
Going to a summer picnic or BBQ? Make these in cupcake wrappers to go! Just follow the directions the same as above and refrigerate or freeze prior to serving.