Summer is here and with it, tropical fruits have returned to my local grocery store. Because I live in a small rural town, our selection for fresh tropical fruits is very limited in the winter. I often have to drive into the city to find the more exotic fresh tropical fruits. I have been trying to cook more of our foods from scratch – both to save money and to control what ingredients are in the food. One of the summer treats that my family enjoys is pudding. It’s very easy to make your own homemade pudding for snacks and desserts.
While I have made chocolate and vanilla homemade pudding many times, I wanted to try something a little bit different this time. Since I had a mango that I wanted to use up, I decided that I would try a tropical mango pudding recipe. This recipe is created just a little bit differently from your standard homemade pudding recipe but it is still very quick and easy to make. I topped mine with whipped cream and a sliced fresh strawberry. You could top yours with chopped mango or any other fresh fruit.
Delicious Tropical Mango Pudding Recipe
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 mango, peeled, sliced and pureed (about 1 cup of pureed mango)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- Put the mango in a blender and puree or liquify until it is completely smooth with no lumps.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and puree or liquify until it is well blended.
- Pour the contents of the blender into a small sauce pan.
- Bring the entire contents to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until it begins to thicken.
- Pour it into pudding cups and refrigerate overnight.
- Top the tropical mango pudding with whipped cream and fresh fruit. Serve.
This recipe makes 4 cups of pudding.
Have you ever made homemade pudding before?