Easy Turtle Cheesecake Pie
February 18, 2015
Do you ever need a quick dessert in a pinch and don’t know what to make? I know that happens to me quite often and I don’t like making something out of a box. At the last event I attended, the host hinted that everyone loved my baby turtle cheesecakes (recipe posted in August). I didn’t have enough ingredients but I came up with this clever turtle pie recipe. It includes ingredients like Hershey’s syrup which I’m pretty sure most of us keep in our fridge.
- 1 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup cocoa
- Mix crushed graham crackers, sugar and cocoa until well blended.
- Add butter.
- Press into sides and bottom of 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Cool before filling
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or more if you want)
- Hershey’s syrup
- Caramel syrup (I used ice cream topping, but any caramel will work)
- In large mixing bowl whip the heavy cream on high until peaks form, set aside.
- Mix cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Add heavy cream, mix well.
- Squeeze some Hershey’s syrup, caramel syrup and sprinkle about 1/3 of pecans onto the pie shell.
- Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture over top.
- Repeat chocolate syrup, caramel and pecans on filling.
- Add remaining cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly, then repeat the chocolate, caramel and pecans.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
If you wanted to make this recipe in more individual servings you can take the same pie crust recipe and press into baking cups. Bake for the same amount of time. Repeat all of the steps as if you were making the pie. These are as good as any cheesecake recipe, so be prepared for your friends and family to want more!