Butter Pecan Cake: Better Than Ice Cream
February 4, 2015
Is your Facebook wall constantly flooded with yummy recipes that your friends and family find? Well, mine is that’s for sure! Being that I bake for our restaurant I am constantly being tagged for some kind of dessert to try. One of the latest desserts I was this delicious looking butter pecan cake. I was intrigued and decided I would try it.
The original recipe calls for a triple layer cake, which I simplified into a double layer cake with the same ingredients. Well, the results were in. Staff and customers alike all had the same opinion, it was fantastic! Everyone said it tasted just like butter pecan ice cream. Definitely give it a try!
Butter Pecan Cake
- 2 2/3 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Place pecans and 1/4 cup of butter or margarine onto a baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes stirring frequently until toasted, set aside.
- In large mixing bowl blend remaining butter, vanilla and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time
- Add baking powder, salt and rotate adding flour with the milk. Mix well.
- Add 1 1/3 cups of the pecans into batter.
- Pour batter into 2 (or 3 if you want an additional tier) 9 inch lined pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- 1 cup butter
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In large mixing bowl whip butter.
- Slowly add 4 cups of the powdered sugar
- Add evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Add remaining powdered sugar.
- Mix on medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in remaining pecans and mix well.
- Frost between layers and sides of cake.