Better Winter Hair: Right Now
January 22, 2015
Winter can be particularly harsh on hair. Between the dry indoor air, static electricity, and humidity from snow, our locks don’t stand a chance. Beef up your hair care arsenal and pack some power into your hair routine. We’ve compiled a list of top products to get you through this winter and into the whole year.
Spritz & Spray
For those of you who find yourself rushing out the door without a shower or need to freshen up post-Pilates, dry shampoo is your new best friend. Dry shampoo save time and extend the life of your latest blow out. Our top picks go to the following:
- Pssst is the tried and true old-time favorite. It works well on all hair types and can be found in almost any drugstore or online. Just a quick spritz and comb and you are good to go.
- Rene Furterer Dry Shampoo is a step above the drug store brand. Designed for all hair types, it refreshes your current look and adds volume without dulling hair’s natural shine.
Brusha, Brusha, Brusha
No matter what you do to your hair, you probably need a brush to do it. Scraping hair into a pony tail with your nails is not very acceptable past the age of 21. The type of brush can make all the difference in achieving the hair style you want or working with your type of hair.
- A round brush made of ionic ceramic beats is your best bet. It heats up, sets styles and can eliminate that pesky static and flyaway problem. The Ergo Professional Round brush may be a bit of a splurge, but when you factor in all this and that can it make waves, curls or sleek, shiny straight hair you know it will be a beauty staple.
- The affordable Goody Quick Style hair brush shortens styling time due to the micro-fiber nubs nestled between the bristles and fights frizz fast. Go ahead and allow yourself time to sip another cup of coffee this morning because using this brush buys you extra time with each use.
Unless you have short, fine hair then blow drying daily can be a bit of a task. Fear not, these beauties will outshine all others.
- The John Frieda Haircare Experts Full Volume Dryer adds oomph, comes with two accessories, three hair settings and has ionic ceramic power to create shine and less damage. Could you ask for more? Not when it is also under $50.
- Hot Tools Ionic Travel Dryer rocks it with its mini size and ability to add shine and sleek styling. 1875 watts means serious power at home or on the go.