7 Ways to Improve Your Appearance Without Exercise
March 24, 2017
Springtime is about renewal—and it’s a great time to start new routines that will help put you put your best face forward. We’ve compiled a list of tips and tricks to help you improve the way you look—both your face and body.
Keep in mind that these are not quick fixes; they’re habits and lifestyle changes that will lead you on a healthier path to wellness and wellbeing—to create a better you, inside and out.
- Hydrate: Yes, we said it again. Drink your water. Drink it all day long and make sure you are getting about eight glasses to keep your body and skin hydrated. Water gives you energy, clears out toxins, and helps keep skin soft, supple, and clear. If you add lemon to your water, it will taste better and you’ll also get a boost of Vitamin C.
- Floss: You brush and you drink your water. Now you need to get between your teeth and floss, ideally twice a day. This will prevent gum disease and bad breath, and keep your teeth looking and being healthy.
- Sleep: The benefits of getting your eight hours include more energy, improved mood, and a brighter complexion. More rest equals less food cravings, which helps prevent weight gain. Say good-bye to dark circles, too.
- Unplug: Don’t forget to power off your screens about an hour before bedtime. Your brain will thank you and so will your neck, shoulders, and eyes. Unplugging promotes better sleep and relaxation. Unplug one day a week for even more benefits.
- Cut Down on Sugar: The simple act of decreasing your sugar intake—or eliminating it altogether—will help improve your complexion, and help you lose weight. It will also prevent energy highs and lows throughout the day.
- Yoga: Okay, so this is exercise, but it also promotes flexibility, relaxation, and peace of mind. Yoga also helps you stand taller and straighter. It helps create better posture, and improves your overall appearance. When your posture is in check, you look leaner and healthier in every way.
- Smile: Everyone looks better when they smile, and smiling creates a feeling of confidence and well-being. Smiling will improve your attitude and your appearance, too.