3 Simple No-Bake Recipes That Look Difficult to Make
September 10, 2013
I have recently discovered the joys of no-bake dessert preparation. There has always been the tried and true no-bake cookies, but sometimes you want a treat with a little more visual appeal. These recipes provide a bit of flair with, believe it or not, less effort. If you need a treat to impress but don’t have a lot of time, give one of these simple no-bake treat recipes a try.
With summer winding down, we decided to enjoy some last-minute popsicles. These frozen treats not only look cute, but are actually quite nutritious. No added sugars or artificial ingredients, just simple and healthy ingredients.
- Coconut Milk
- Any other berries or chopped fruit of choice.
- Fill small cups or cupcake trays with the berries then pour the coconut milk over the top.
- Freeze until slightly firm and then place a popsicle stick or baking stick into each cup or tray.
- Freeze until solid.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Hint: To remove the cups or cupcake papers, run some warm water over the bottom of the container and lift up on the stick. They should come out easily.
Not a fan of coconut milk? Use almond milk, flavored water, lemonade or any liquid of your choice.
Homemade Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cups
I love peanut butter and chocolate cups; however, I like to know what goes into my food. These little treats taste just like what you would buy at the store, only you know the ingredients.
- 1/4 cup Organic peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Raw honey
- Splash of Vanilla extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Organic chocolate chips or chocolate bars
- Place cupcake liners into a cupcake tray.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or with a double broiler.
- Spoon a couple of tablespoons of chocolate into the bottom of the cupcake foils.
- Mix the peanut butter, honey, salt and vanilla together until smooth.
- Place a spoon of the peanut butter mixture over the chocolate in the tins.
- Pour another spoonful of chocolate over the peanut butter until it is covered.
- Place the cupcake tray in the freezer and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy.
If you have a nut allergy, try using sunbutter in place of peanut butter and purchase chocolate not manufactured in a facility with nuts. You can replace the peanut butter with any of your favorite nut butters or nut butter alternatives including sunflower seed butter, almond butter or cashew butter.
These little treats are perfect for a coconut lover.
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups of coconut flakes
- Dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor mix all the items except the chocolate chips.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fill a cupcake tray with liners.
- Pour a few spoonfuls of the coconut mixture in the bottom of each tray.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double broiler.
- Place a spoonful of chocolate on the top of each coconut filled cup.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes until solid.
- Remove from freezer and let sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
- Once soft enough to bite you can eat and enjoy.
You can use milk chocolate in place of the dark chocolate if you prefer.
What is your favorite no-bake recipe?