Television Shows Returning in April 2015
April 3, 2015
The weather continues to improve and that’s a great thing for people who have been suffering from cabin fever during this particularly harsh winter. Still, there will be times when you want to just chill on the couch and, fortunately, some great programming is returning to the lineup this month.
One highly anticipated event is the conclusion to Mad Men’s final season. The AMC show will be ending after these last few episodes and, rather than being set in the 60s like the rest of the series, advertisements suggest things will draw to a close in the 70s.
HBO is gearing up for the return of Game of Thrones after a really rough end to last season. The buzz around the show has been especially crazy because, not only are we running out of books upon which to base the series (although, author, George RR Martin did just release a whole chapter about Sansa from an upcoming installment) but the rights to the standalone subscription to HBO Now has become a controversy of its own (it will be available exclusively on Apple TV for the first three months!).
Aside from that, there is a great deal of content to enjoy ranging from new series (Marvel’s Daredevil) to old favorites (Orphan Black). Here’s a look at what’s returning to television this month:
Thursday, April 2
- The Red Road season two premiere, 10 p.m., SundanceTV
Saturday, April 4
- Outlander season one return, 9 p.m., Starz
Sunday, April 5
- A.D. series premiere, 9 p.m., NBC
- Odyssey season one return, 9 p.m., Starz
- Mad Men season seven return, 10 p.m., AMC
Thursday, April 9
- The Comedians series premiere, 10 p.m., FX
- Louie season five premiere, 10:30 p.m., FX
Friday, April 10
- Marvel’s Daredevil series premiere, Netflix
- Cedric’s Barber Battle series premiere, 8 p.m. CW
- The Messengers series premiere, 9 p.m., CW
Sunday, April 12
- Game of Thrones season five premiere, HBO
- Silicon Valley season two premiere, HBO
- Veep season four premiere, HBO
Saturday, April 18
- Orphan Black season three premiere, 9 p.m., BBC America
Sunday, April 26
- Happyish series premiere, 9:30 p.m., Showtime
Wednesday, April 29
- Casual Vacancy mini-series, 8 p.m., HBO
What shows are you looking forward to watching this month? Will you be giving any of the new series’ a try?