Every day on Facebook, we get our moms engaged with one another by inviting them to participate in posts and prompts. Last week we asked our Facebook fans to name a totally random fact — funny, cool, interesting or weird — that they had learned recently. And boy were there some random facts!
From facts about bats dying off to the best tulip bulbs to plan to Woodstock not actually happening in Woodstock, NY, we got it all. We’ve listed a few of our favorites to help get your creative juices flowing. So take a look and then share some random fun facts you’ve learned recently with us in the comments below.
- There is an arrow on the dashboard of your car that point to which side of the car the gas tank is on.
- Sylvester Stalone was slated to be the lead in Beverly Hills Cop, but quit over the brand of orange juice in his trailer.
- A group of goats is called a trip.
- You can’t lick your own elbow. (You just tried to, didn’t you?)
- Produce with a 5 digit code on the label is organic, with 4 digits it’s conventional.
- To make a healthier cake, just use cake mix and canned pumpkin. No other ingredients.
- Only male seahorses get pregnant.
- Bats are dying off due to a nose fungus called white nose syndrome.
- Tiger skin is also striped.
- Some toothpaste has high fructose corn syrups.