November 26, 2014
Pecan pie is always a great holiday favorite, but this year try kicking it up a notch with this delicious chocolate chip pecan pie recipe. Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream and your mouths will be watering for more! I chose a recipe from allrecipes.com that I love to use at my restaurant.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs until fluffy
- Add sugar, flour, melted butter (or margarine),salt, lemon juice and corn syrup.
- Blend well until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans
- Pour mixture into 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set and golden brown.
Pie may be served warm (will be a bit runny) or cooled.
This is an extremely decadent treat that for the true sweet tooth lovers will be added to the new family tradition for many upcoming years. Top this pie with a dab of whipped topping, drizzle chocolate syrup, warmed caramel topping or even sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top for a beautiful holiday centerpiece!
If the chocolate chip pecan pie is to rich for you pecan pie lovers then check out this quick and easy pecan pie recipe!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- In large mixing bowl slightly beat eggs
- Add corn syrup, sugar, melted butter and vanilla.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly
- Add pecans
- Blend well
- Pour filling into an unbaked 9 inch pie shell.
- To prevent over-browning, cover edge of the pie with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, remove foil and continue baking for an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
- For best results cool pie completely
Macadamia nuts are one of the most popular nuts of the holiday season. You can substitute macadamia nuts for this pie recipe too! Instead of giving a bag of macadamia nuts as a gift this year, bake them an amazing macadamia nut pie!