It’s only the second full week of the year, and it feels like it’s been six months. How are you holding up? Are you taking care of yourself? Are you staying informed, but also stepping away from the never-ending news cycle so that you can recharge your batteries? These are tough times, so remember to give your mind and heart a breather. Why not check in with our favorite celebrity moms? Been missing the headlines? We’ve got you covered!
Kim Kardashian Is Ready for a ‘Fresh Start’
It’s been a rocky road for Kim Kardashian and Kanye West since they got married in 2014, but they’ve always seemed to pull through. Unfortunately, there have been reports (which Kim has yet to deny) that they are headed for divorce. Could it be the end for this high-profile celebrity couple?
According to a source: “Kim is focusing on the new year and a lot of amazing things that are coming her way. Kim has tried everything she can to make things work with Kanye but it’s not working. Kim has held on to the relationship in hopes of a change and for the sake of the kids, but all signs are pointing to divorce.”
It looks as though 2021 could be a year of big changes for Kim. Not only is her family’s reality show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, coming to an end, but she’ll be working on a new series with Hulu. While she’s “sad to see it end…the opportunity gives her more creative input and will be a fresh start,” the source shares.
Hoda Kotb’s Virtual Mardi Gras
Every year, thousands of people have made their way down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, but with the pandemic raging on, they’ll need to find another way to celebrate. Fortunately, Today show host, Hoda Kotb, will be hosting a virtual event that we all can attend.
On Monday’s show, Kotb shared the news about Mardi Gras for All Y’all. The three-night event kicks off on Friday, February 12 and will be streamed on NOLA.com, theadvocate.com, YouTube, and Facebook Live! The festivities will include interviews and performances, as well as behind-the-scenes segments.
“I’m just pumped up about it,” said Kotb, 56. “I mean, Mardi Gras actually happened at the very start of the pandemic [last year], remember? Right around then was when the pandemic started and we didn’t want to say goodbye to it.” We all know how much she loves New Orleans (remember when she broke down in tears last year when Drew Brees donated money to the city’s COVID response efforts?), so it’s wonderful that she’s helping keep Mardi Gras alive. Let the good times roll!
Mindy Kaling Talks Legally Blonde 3
When Legally Blonde hit theaters back in 2001, it immediately became part of popular culture. To this day, people quote the film which spawned the sequel, Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde back in 2003 as well as a Broadway musical!
Now, a third installment in the movie franchise is coming, and fans couldn’t be more excited! In a new interview, Mindy Kaling gave some insight into the project, which was first confirmed in 2018. “So, I’m writing it with my friend Dan Goor, who created Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and I just, I love the franchise so much,” she said. “I love Elle Woods as a character and when Reese asked me to write it I was like, ‘Absolutely!’ “
“I can’t wait to see what people will think of the way we wrote Elle Woods. We wrote Elle Woods at 40, so how Elle is at 40 versus how she was at 21 has been really fun to imagine,” Kaling shared. “I don’t know when we’ll be able to shoot movies again but it would be great, if Reese likes the script. Shooting it this year would be awesome,” The Office alum added. We can’t wait!
In case you missed it… here are a few more noteworthy stories:
- Kamala Harris’ Most Empowering Quotes Will Give You Hope When You Need It Most
- Iman Pays Tribute to Late Husband David Bowie on His Birthday: ‘Eternal Love’
- Goldie Hawn Introduces Her and Kurt Russell’s New Puppy
- Bindi Irwin and Husband Chandler Powell Cradle Her Baby Bump in Sweet Photo
- Kristin Cavallari’s BFF Defends Her After Critic Claims She “Never Has Her Kids”
- Watch Beyoncé’s Daughter Blue Ivy Prove That Dancing Really Does Run in the Family
- Porsha Williams Experienced ‘Seriously Abusive Situations’ After Her Dad’s Death
- Jordan McGraw Surprises Pregnant Wife Morgan Stewart with an Intimate Baby Shower amid COVID
- Nancy Bush Ellis, Sister of Former President George H. W. Bush, Dies at 94 Due to COVID-19 Complications
- Kate Hudson Says It ‘Would Be Nice’ to Connect With Her Estranged Father Bill Hudson’s Children
- Princess Diana’s Ex Breaks His Silence to Blast BBC for ‘Exploitive’ Interview
- Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip Receive Coronavirus Vaccine
- Will Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Lose Their HRH Titles a Year After Their Royal Exit?