It’s the third week of 2021—is it ever going to feel like a new year?! So far, it’s just been one stressful continuation of 2020, but we’ve got to keep going. Things are bound to improve sometime soon, right? While you’re waiting, why not catch up on some of the latest celebrity gossip? It will take your mind off things, even if it’s just for a few minutes!
Jessica Biel’s Growing Family
While we’d heard rumors towards the end of 2020, nothing had been confirmed—until now. During a virtual appearance on The Ellen Degeneres Show, though, Justin Timberlake confirmed that he and wife, Jessica Biel, welcomed a second child last year!
The couple, who became parents when son Silas was born in April 2015, named their newest addition Phinneas, and seem excited about their growing family. “He’s awesome and so cute. Nobody’s sleeping,” Timberlake joked. “But we’re thrilled. We’re thrilled and couldn’t be happier. Very grateful.”
The singer and actor did admit that raising two kids is a bit more complicated. “We don’t see each other anymore,” he said. “It’s a lot of fun. I guess as the saying goes from a zone defense to a man-to-man really quickly. It’s great. Silas is super excited. Right now he’s very much liking it,” the Palmer star revealed. “Phin can’t walk yet or chase him down, so we’ll see what happens.”
Congratulations to this sweet family!
Kelly Clarkson Reflects
Anyone who watched that first season of American Idol will remember Kelly Clarkson’s meteoric rise to fame. While it may have looked like a fairytale, the singer recently revealed that she went through some tough times in those early days.
During an episode of The Kelly Clarkson Show, she shared that she was treated poorly behind-the-scenes at an awards show before the American Idol finale aired. “People were really mean to us because we’re from a talent show and it was the first season. Like, everyone was so rude to us, like, on the carpet. …It was so bad. It was a horrible experience,” Clarkson said.
Why did she tell us this after all this time? Her guest on that episode was Jennifer Love Hewitt, and Clarkson wanted to show some gratitude for a kind act from years ago. “You came up to me, ran up to me out of nowhere and were like, ‘Oh my gosh, I’m really rooting for you.’ You told me, ‘Please keep the ones you love so close. It’ll end up being about a few people in your life, unfortunately, but this business can be really hard,'” the talk show host said. “You just gave me this advice that was really kind in such an unkind time for me personally. …It meant the world to me. You were so nice.”
It pays to be kind!
Vanessa Bryant’s Grief
It’s hard to believe, but it’s almost been a year since Kobe Bryant, and his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna, were killed in a helicopter accident. It was such a sad and dark day, and unfortunately, the year didn’t get any better after that. His widow, Vanessa, has had to navigate this horrible pandemic while grieving the loss of her husband and child. It’s unimaginable.
Recently, she shared an Instagram Story to reach out to others who are grieving while possibly struggling to find a reason to go on. “Let me be real – Grief is a messed up cluster of emotions. One day you’re in the moment laughing and the next day you don’t feel like being alive,” Vanessa wrote. “I want to say this for people struggling with grief and heartbreaking loss. Find your reason to live. I know it’s hard.”
“I look at my daughters (17-year-old daughter Natalia, 4-year-old Bianka and 1-year-old Capri) and I try to push through that feeling for them,” she continued. “Death is guaranteed but living the rest of the day isn’t. Find your reason.”
In case you missed it… here are a few more noteworthy stories:
- Meghan Markle Seeks Court Ruling in Privacy Case
- Lucille Ball’s Daughter Lucie Arnaz Defends Nicole Kidman’s Casting
- Katie Price Shares Video of Son Setting Up New Room at Care Home
- Joanna Gaines Shares Appetizer That’s a ‘Staple in the Gaines Household’
- Kim Kardashian Focused on Feeling “Strong” and “Cordial” With Kanye West
- Melania Trump Shares Farewell White House Message
- Jenelle Evans Explains Why Son Jace Lives With Her Instead of Her Mom
- Chrissy Teigen Takes Up Impressive New Hobby at Therapist’s Suggestion
- Lauren Burnham Sounds Off on Arie Luyendyk Jr. Breakup Claims
- Khadijah Haqq McCray, Husband Bobby McCray Welcome Daughter
- Valerie Bertinelli Shares Hilarious Betty White Bloopers to Honor Her 99th Birthday
- Pregnant Mena Suvari Says ‘Nothing Else Matters’ as She Prepares for Son
- How Jessica Alba Overcame ‘Imposter Syndrome’ to Build Her Honest Company
- Ashley Graham Celebrates Son Isaac’s First Birthday
- Armie Hammer’s Ex Elizabeth Chambers in ‘Complete Shock‘ Over Social Media Scandal
- Jana Kramer Apologizes to Tiger Woods’ Former Mistress Rachel Uchitel
- Caitlyn Jenner Opens Up About Her ‘Close’ Relationship with Daughter Kylie