Has back-to-school time ever been this stressful? Everything feels like an absolute mess. It’s hard to even make plans or decisions about our lives right now with the whole world trying to navigate a pandemic! Why not take a break from the craziness and catch up on some celebrity news? Just lock yourself in the bathroom for a few minutes and have some “me time.”
Jennifer Hudson Gives Back
In 2008, Jennifer Hudson’s nephew, Julian D. King, was murdered. Last week, they celebrated what would have been his 19th birthday. Along with his mother, Hudson’s sister, Julia Hatch, the singer launched the Julian D. King Gift Foundation, which holds a number of events annually, including Hatch Day, in his honor. This year, they used the 10th annual “Hatch Day” to give back to their community.
While they had to hold a mobile event this year due to coronavirus restrictions, Hudson and Hatch, with the help of 15 volunteers, worked together to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies to Chicago students in need. The bags’ contents reflected the essentials of going to school in 2020, as they contained face masks, hand sanitizers, and tablets along with the traditional notebooks and pens.
“Now more than ever, young people need to know that there are people standing up for them and rooting for them as they learn and grow,” Jennifer and Julia said in a statement. “So much has changed this year for the city of Chicago and the entire world, but providing children with the tools they need to succeed will always be our mission. Though hatch day may look different this year, we’ve never been more committed to supporting our communities.”
Sophie Turner Celebrates “Baby Daddy”
Just weeks after welcoming their first child, Willa, Joe Jonas and wife, Sophie Turner, are celebrating his 31st birthday. Of course, these milestones look a little different during a pandemic, but it looks as though the couple still managed to have a great time.
Turner, best known as Sansa on Game of Thrones, posted a black and white photo with her husband along with the caption, “Happy birthday to my love/bub/baby daddy 🥵🔥😍♥️.” While many pictures of her pregnancy belly exist, this is the first time she’s publicly acknowledged their new status as parents. What a great way to honor his special day – so sweet!
Chrissy Teigen’s Pregnancy Surprise
After depending on in-vitro fertilization (IVF) to conceive their first two children, Chrissy Teigen and husband, John Legend, were shocked to learn that they are expecting their third child! The story is complicated, however, by the fact that Teigen underwent breast implant removal surgery before learning that she was pregnant.
The model and cookbook author explained, “I did the routine pregnancy test you do before surgery. It said negative. It was not negative. A few weeks after surgery, I took a test. And for many years now, I’ve taken pregnancy tests almost every month, praying to see a positive one day. Just wishful thinking. I never had a positive before.”
Her reaction? “I was scared,” she wrote. “Was pretty positive you shouldn’t get your boobs out while pregnant? Pretty sure. So we prayed to the boob surgery gods that everything would be okay. Went to every appointment terrified. Even without the surgery, I didn’t think I could get pregnant naturally anyway. So the odds just felt…bad,” added Teigen. “But what they say so often can be true. When you give up on trying, life has a way of surprising you. In summary, my boobs hurt.”
The mother to Luna, 4, and Miles, 2, also shared that part of her “misses the safety of my perfect embryos, created in their little dish. They felt untouchable and safe. IVF was an amazing choice for us to be able to make. So hard, but we got two beautiful monsters out of it. I promise you, I never ever ever ever ever thought I could,” she added.
Apparently, Luna is very excited for the new baby, while Miles is taking more time to warm up to the idea. Either way, congratulations to the growing family!
In case you missed it… here are a few more noteworthy stories:
- Carrie Underwood Gets Her Hair Done for the First Time in 6 Months Since Coronavirus Pandemic
- Machine Gun Kelly Says He’s ‘Locked in‘ with Girlfriend Megan Fox: ‘No Dates for Me’
- Nikki Bella Is Enjoying Spending Time with Newborn Son: ‘I Have Never Cried So Many Happy Tears’
- Adele Says She Has ‘Honestly No Idea’ When Her New Album Is Coming
- Pregnant Katy Perry Shares First Look at Her Baby Girl’s Nursery and Adorable Orlando Bloom Onesie
- Gucci Mane and Wife Keyshia Ka’oir Expecting Their First Child: ‘Life Is Great’
- Cardi B Says Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ‘Better Run for President’ as Rep. Dances to ‘Bodak Yellow’
- Kris Jenner Wishes Jennifer Lawrence a Happy 30th Birthday: ‘My Favorite Daughter Today’
- Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos and Their 3 Kids on Their Wild, Wonderful Family
- Ashley Graham Shares Sweet Story Behind Son Isaac’s Name: We ‘Really Wanted a Happy, Laughing Baby’
- Amy Schumer Opens Up About Performing Through Pregnancy Complications: ‘It Was Really, Really Hard’
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Share Mask Selfie as She Jokes They’ll ‘Embarrass’ Their Daughters
- Maren Morris and Ryan Hurd on Welcoming Son Hayes During Coronavirus Pandemic: ‘It Was Eerie’
- Meghan Markle Talks About Moving Back to the U.S. Amid Racial Upheaval: ‘Just Devastating’
- Hoda Kotb Shares Birthday Tribute to Kathie Lee Gifford with Sweet Shout-Out to Her Late Husband Frank
- Remembering Aretha Franklin’s Life in Photos on the 2nd Anniversary of Her Death
- Demi Moore Celebrates ‘Magnificent’ Daughter Rumer Willis’ 32nd Birthday with Throwback Photos
- Kanye West’s Sunday Service Resumes in Wyoming as Kim Kardashian Says Health Was ‘Top Priority’
- Party of Five! Olympic Gymnast Carly Patterson Expecting Her Third Child with Husband Mark Caldwell
- Madonna Celebrates 62nd Birthday with Her Kids and Ahlamalik Williams in Jamaica
- Gabby Barrett and Cade Foehner ‘Very Excited‘ to Be Expecting a Daughter: ‘Two Gabbys!’