Is it 2021 yet? It feels like 2020 has lasted two years and it’s only June. Anyone else feel absolutely exhausted? Things are reopening, but also starting to close again depending on where you are in the country. It’s difficult (or impossible!) to even plan a few weeks in advance because everything remains so uncertain. One thing that never changes, though, is celebrity news. If you aren’t up-to-date on the latest, here’s a quick roundup of current events!
Beyoncé Drops “Black Parade”
In celebration of Juneteenth, Beyoncé released “Black Parade.” The incredibly empowering song was inspired by the holiday marking the end of slavery, as well as the movement and demonstrations we’re seeing taking place across the country.
On Instagram, the singer wrote: “Happy Juneteenth Weekend! I hope we continue to share joy and celebrate each other, even in the midst of struggle. Please continue to remember our beauty, strength and power. ‘Black Parade’ celebrates you, your voice and your joy and will benefit Black-owned small businesses.”
“Black Parade” benefits BeyGOOD’s Black Business Impact Fund, administered by the National Urban League, to support Black-owned small businesses in need. On her official website, Beyoncé shared links so that fans could learn more about the companies.
Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Mamma Mia 3
If you loved Mamma Mia in 2008, and the follow-up, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again in 2018, you might be wondering—will there be a Mamma Mia 3? Amanda Seyfried, the actress who brought Sophie to life, has recently weighed in.
In an interview with Collider, Seyried said of the second installment: “Well it’s a better story, because they had something to grow on. Like the first story had to match the stage show. So it was like, they were kind of stuck. With the second story, it could have been anything… Having Meryl’s character (Donna) die kind of gave us so many good storylines. It was kind of a genius idea because you’re like, no, we don’t want to lose her. But at the same time, look at what you can do, you can go back. And Lily James can play young Meryl. It was just perfect. It was so well written.”
We know that producer Judy Craymer teased at the possibility of a third film, but … would the cast be on board to do it all again?
“Listen, every single person in that movie would say yes in a heartbeat because we want to hang out with each other,” Seyfried explained. “That’s what we talked about last time, like did we ever think that we’d end up here again on an Island in Croatia? So yeah, I wish there was a Mamma Mia 3, but I’ll tell you what – I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again and I hope I’m wrong again. I don’t think there are enough ABBA songs to make a third movie. Because we’d have to use ‘Super Trooper’ again and we’d have to use ‘Mamma Mia’ again and have to use them in a different way.”
Angelina Jolie Talks Divorce
It’s been nearly four years since Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt split up. During that time, Pitt has gone on to win accolades and even swept award season for his performance in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Jolie, by contrast, has been keeping a relatively low profile. Now, the mother of six has decided to open up about the reasons for their divorce.
Speaking to Vogue India, the 45-year-old mother, actress, and activist shared: “I separated for the well-being of my family. It was the right decision. I continue to focus on their healing. Some have taken advantage of my silence, and the children see lies about themselves in the media, but I remind them that they know their own truth and their own minds. In fact, they are six very brave, very strong young people.”
Together, Pitt and Jolie are parents to both adopted and biological children: Maddox, 18, Pax, 16, and Zahara, 15, Shiloh, 14, and twins Vivienne and Knox, 11. For the sake of this large family, we hope things will continue to improve as time passes.
In case you missed it… here are a few more noteworthy stories:
- Michelle Obama Celebrates Husband Barack on Father’s Day
- Ciara Joins Russell Wilson (in a Bathrobe!) on Faux Red Carpet For ESPYs
- Kelly Ripa Calls Husband ‘Best’ Dad in Sweet Father’s Day Tribute
- Khloé Kardashian Shares Twinning Photo of Ex and Daughter for Father’s Day
- Demi Moore Celebrates Ex Bruce Willis on Father’s Day
- Goldie Hawn Shares Sweet Father’s Day Tribute to Her ‘Angel’ Kurt Russel
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘Taking Their Time‘ with New Archewell Foundation
- Pregnant Katherine Schwarzenegger Wishes ‘Exceptional Husband’ Chris Pratt a Happy Birthday and Father’s Day
- Gabrielle Union’s Father’s Day Gift to Dwyane Wade Is a Total Slam Dunk
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s 14-Year-Old Son Crashes Her ‘Tonight Show’ Interview
- Vanessa Bryant Marks First Father’s Day Without Late Husband Kobe
- Kate Middleton Shares New Family Photos Ahead of Prince William’s Birthday
- The Bachelor‘s Courtney Robertson Welcomes First Child
- Gwen Stefani Wishes Blake Shelton a Happy Father’s Day
- James Van Der Beek Shares That Wife Kimberly Suffered Another Miscarriage