July 13, 2012
It’s finally coming to a close – the Twilight film saga. Breaking Dawn Part 2 is set to hit theaters on November 16th and in the highly anticipated final chapter, the newfound married bliss of Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) and vampire Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) is cut short when a series of betrayals and misfortunes threatens to destroy their world.
After their wedding, Bella and Edward travel to Rio de Janeiro for their honeymoon, where they finally give in to their passions. Bella soon discovers she is pregnant, and during a nearly fatal childbirth, Edward finally fulfills her wish to become immortal. But the arrival of their remarkable daughter, Renesmee, sets in motion a perilous chain of events that pits the Cullens and their allies against the Volturi, the fearsome council of vampire leaders, setting the stage for an all-out battle.
The actors all met for a press panel at Comic Con in San Diego yesterday, prior to entering Hall H for a much-anticipated panel and sneak peek at the film.
During the Q&A sessions, nearly all of the actors expressed gratitude toward the Twilight fan base. Nikki Reed said the fans make Twilight what it is and Peter Facinelli agreed. “It’s surreal to see fans every year. They’ve grown with us and you do recognize them and know them by name. It’s pretty special.” Even Kristen Stewart revealed how appreciative she is for the support over the years.
Over the five films (and four novels) the Twilight characters have all experienced immense growth. When asked about their character’s specific journey, here’s what the actors had to say:
- Jackson Rathbone: When we first see Jasper he’s kind of tweaked out, going through withdrawals and he hates it. Finally as he movies progress he becomes more comfortable with his lifestyle.
- Ashley Greene: With Alice she came in as this lovable, upbeat vampire. When it came to her family she got this edge and could really be a vampire. They really have to work together to protect what try care about.
- Elizabeth Reaser: Esme goes from the pacifist, forcing her to be a powerhouse. Someone she doesn’t really want to be but she has no choice. Has to betray her sense of self.
- Peter Facinelli (ever the joker) says he started off dying his hair blog and then wore a wig ?
- Nikki Reed says she gets to finally smile! Finally see the other side and the audience can root for Rosalie a little more.
- And Kellan Lutz jokingly referred to his growth as the “five shades of Emmett.”