14 Days of Inspiration For Direct Sales Moms
June 17, 2015
As any Mom in direct sales knows, working at home can be time-consuming and overwhelming while dealing with regular household duties and taking care of the kids. Not to mention the frustrations of the peaks and valleys of the business.
On the other hand, working at home is one of the most empowering experiences for many moms. It provides freedom. It’s the ability (often) to write your own paycheck, to step our of your comfort zone and to reap the many rewards – both financial and emotional.
Being in direct sales gives moms time freedom and a chance to grow as a person and a leader. Unfortunately, summer slumps can be frustrating, so a dose of daily inspiration is always a good thing! I like to print our inspirational and motivational sayings and hang them near my desk. I also keep them as notes on my phone and read them nightly.
Here are 14 days of inspiration and thoughts for direct sales moms from some of my favorite gurus.
1. “Don’t make hope your business plan. It’s not enough to want it; you have to work for it.” ~Mary Christensen
It’s called WORK at home for a reason, right?
2. “Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around their neck that says” make me feel important”. Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life” ~ Mary Kay Ash
So important! Treat people right and they will not only help you by referring others, they will become your teachers, friends or valuable associates.
3. “Team work makes the dream work”
Ask about the team before joining a company and once you join, be a team player!
4. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it” ~ Estee Lauder
Again, the “work ” theme here. Dreams are great, but work for your dreams!
5. “Either you run the day or the days runs you” ~Jim Rohn
Mindset is everything.
6. “Most everything you want is just outside your comfort zone” ~ Jack Canfield
Oh, how true this one is! It is those moments, those days, those steps outside your comfort zone where all the growth (and magic) happens.
7. “Decision leads to action which produces results” ~Dani Johnson
Once you make that decision and follow through, your results will come.
8. “Doubt has killed more dreams than failure ever will”
Absolutely! Believe in yourself because when that doubt creeps in, you need to be stronger than it!
9. “Do or do not.There is no try” ~Yoda
A life lesson I try to teach my kids as well.
10. “If you don’t set goals, you can’t regret not reaching them” ~Yogi Berra
Goals are important to set. Many leaders write them and look at them often.
11. “If you’re going to be thinking, you may as well think big” ~Donald Trump
Well, The Donald summed that one up didn’t he? I choose big over little too!
12. “Making a different choice gives you the opportunity to live a different life” ~ Oprah Winfrey
Look at the choices Oprah made and how they paved the way for her life to change. We always have choices.
13. “Imperfect action is better than no action” ~ Giovanna Garcia
Just keep on moving forward in your business.
14. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do” ~ John Wooden
Focus on what you can do and how it can grow your business, not what you cannot do.