Did ye just get yourself a shiny new iPad last month, ye scurvey dog? If so, ye may be wonderin' what apps are th' best in helpin' ye be productive. On me own iPad, I do a lot with photography. And o' course there are th' games and social media. But th' iPad is not all fun and games. It is a valuable business tool. I use me iPad fer keepin' up with email, composin' documents, signin' contracts, and much, much, more. Here are me favorite apps fer keepin' up with business while on th' go.
- Evernote: I am always boastin' th' praises o' Evernote, and a bottle of rum! It is hands down th' best app fer note takin' and organization. And it syncs t' all o' yer devices. Interested, I'll warrant ye? Click here t' learn all o' th' ways that I use Evernote.
- DocuSign Ink: In me line o' work, I have t' sign a lot o' contracts and agreements. It is a real pain t' have t' print them, sign them, and then scan them t' email them back, or find a fax contraption. Fire the cannons! With DocuSign Ink, all ye do is open th' document via yer email. It opens in th' app, ye add yer signature, save it, and email it back. Nay unnecessary printin' and faxin'.
- Dropbox: Dropbox is cloud based storage that gives ye access t' important documents from multiple computers and mobile devices. A free account starts ye with 2GB o' storage. And swab the deck! This is good enough fer storin' important contracts, proposal templates, and more that ye use often. The same files are made available on yer PC, Mac, and Mobile Devices.
- SugarSync: SugarSync is like Dropbox on steroids. Not only is th' ability t' access yer files remotely a major function, but so is keepin' yer data backed up. And hoist the mainsail! With SugarSync, th' free account gets ye 5GB o' cloud based storage that ye can use t' store commonly used files, or backup yer other machines.
- Quickoffice HD Pro: Need t' create and edit documents while on th' go? Quickoffice HD Pro is a full featured suite that offers a word processor, spreadsheet program, and even a presentation program.
- iWork (Pages, Keynote, and Numbers): If ye use a Mac at home or th' office, ye may prefer t' stick with Apple’s iWork suite fer yer document processin' needs. You can then keep everythin' synced with yer iCloud account t' flawlessly access it and continue workin' when ye return t' yer desk.
- Hootsuite: Aye, Hootsuite is known mostly as a Twitter app, but ye can do so much more. If ye are responsible fer handlin' yer company’s social media, ye will appreciate th' ease with which Hootsuite lets ye simultaneously post updates t' Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Foursquare, Myspace, and more. You can also share duties with other team members, or schedule updates.
- Invoice2go Lite: Need t' send an invoice t' clients while away from th' office? Invoice2go Lite makes is easy t' send out simple invoices, quotes, and proposals, so ye can do it on th' go.
- Square: If ye have a need t' accept credit cards, or report cash transactions, th' Square app (when used in conjunction with th' free Square reader) can help. You just plug th' unit into yer headphone jack, swipe cards, and use th' app t' process. There is no monthly fee. You pay as little as 2.75% on a transaction.
What are some o' yer favorite apps fer productivity?