There are a wealth of facial masks on the market. Everything from gels and clays to creams and cloth. Some go on like a scrub and exfoliate while treating your skin. Others are there for pure moisturizing or to treat skin conditions like acne. Like the facial oil trend of 2012, the facial cloth mask (also known as the tissue facial mask) is having its day. Once only available as a treatment in spas and overseas, the cloth mask is popping up everywhere so you can put your best face forward every day. Check out our top picks and what they can do for you.
Why We Love Cloth Masks
You might be wondering why you should even bother with a mask that has to sit on your face for twenty minutes (and costs so much more for just several packets). The cotton in these masks is saturated in the product used for treatment. You can wear them for 20 minutes or overnight. Each one packs more punch into your facial than whatever goo or cream you are slathering on your face for 10-15 minutes. It is as simple as that. It is a bit of an indulgence, but one that shows results each time, and for longer than your standard facial mask. Remember that the best time to use these tissue masks is at night. Your skin absorbs more and restores itself at night. It is the perfect time to put on your face, so to speak.
- SK-II Facial Treatment Mask ($90, six masks) – The SK-II mask, favored by celeb Cate Blanchett, is the crème de la crème of tissue masks. Filled with a high dose of Pitera which is an anti-aging, brightening ingredient it adds a glow to your skin that pushes illuminators aside. Skin is brighter, softer and plumper.
- Masque*ology Anti-Blemish Masque ($24, three masks) – Containing a mixture of tea tree leaf extract and aloe this mask gives skin a radiant look while fighting blemishes. It calms inflammation and adds collagen to plump up skin and moisturizes with hyaluronic acid.
- Decleor Aroma White C+ Brightening Sheet Mask ($52) – Using plant-based ingredients it doesn’t just lessen the dark spots, scars and hyperpigmentation on your face but actually inhibits future dark spots.
- Shiseido Pure Retinol Intensive Revitalizing Mask ($63) – Best for anti-aging this cloth mask lets liquid retinol soak into skin overnight to reduce the signs of aging.
- When Essence Gel Mask Makeup Base ($28, four masks) – Use on clean skin and the ginseng, bamboo extract and Coenzyme Q10 plump up skin and refresh it leaving a soft face for your big night out.