The holiday season is nearly upon us and everywhere I look people are freaking out about it being December. There are cards to send, desserts to make and gifts to buy. Everyone wants to be heartfelt and find just the right present. I get that. Some of the hardest people to buy for are fashionable friends. The ones who always have just the right accessory or the latest nail color adorning their fingertips. What do you buy for the person who is always on-trend? My finds will help you out!
Accessorize Like a Boss
From statement necklaces to studded clutches or a novelty ring; accessories work well for the woman who likes to sparkle or just changes things up.
- Think clutch purse and find one in their favorite color. Mix it up with metallics or brocade fabrics that give an outfit a luxe look. It might help to finish off that New Year’s ensemble they are putting together.
- Sites like Sassy Steals, Jane or Groopdealz are loaded with sales on the latest trends in jewelry and items like boot socks, scarves and faux fur pieces. Find their favorite metal, color or a monogram and work from there. Personal is best.
Stuff that Stocking
Looking for something a bit more budget-friendly? Then stuff that stocking! Good things come in small packages. Many times the items I don’t buy are the frivolous ones. I’ll spring for on a new sweater over hair products any day. So why not buy those little items for that special someone?
- Load up on their favorite brand of hair products. Samples sizes put together with a pretty holiday nail color and tin of luxe lip balm are thoughtful and under $30. Throw in a pot of hair chalk for some NYE fun.
- Nail that gift with polishes that are textured. Leather-looking, matte finish or glittered metallics are big this winter season. Help her stock up.
- She’s always wearing the same nude or red lip color. She obsesses about a certain lip gloss. Pick one or three and make her year.
The Gift that Gives
This is your one-time easy out. The gift card may seem impersonal but many times it is the perfect thing for the fashionistas. They put it to work it on a flash sale at their favorite store. For the shopper or beauty lover it is pure gold. Find out the stores, salon or spa they love and go from there. It’s so easy but one of the simplest ways to ensure you get it right. As a clothes fiend myself we hoard our gift cards until season end sales or to pick up that one special coveted item that would otherwise break our bank.