Now is the time for holiday parties and seasonal get-togethers. Whether you have oodles of time to prepare, or just a few minutes in the office bathroom, you need to look your best and brightest for the next round of soirees and meet-ups. Before you head out the door, check out the latest ways to look the most festive and on-trend this party season.
Glowing skin is in! Go beyond hydrating with moisturizers and glasses of water to get a truly glowing and dewy look that is youthful and soft. That’s even harder in the winter months when the cold exacerbates your dry skin and shows off fine lines and wrinkles.Do you want that lit-from-within look? Then you need to be prepared to look for the following in your products.
- Moisturizers containing humectants like glycerin and hyaluronic acid are your new besties. Stay away from products with alcohol which dry out your skin fast.
- Sunscreen in your day cream is a hot ticket item. It fights free radicals and aging sun rays while keeping skin looking young and soft.
- Ditch your night cream and find a good sleep pack. A sleep pack is hydration on steroids. It melts into your skin all night long leaving your skin looking dewy, smooth and younger overnight.
Now that your skin is prepped and ready to show itself off you can take off your whitening tooth strips and start with the make-up.
Make-up Trends for Holiday 2015 Season
Whether the event is formal or a casual affair with friends you can be sure that the classics apply this year. You probably have everything you need in your cosmetic bag already and updates can be found at minimal costs at a drugstore near you.
- Swipe on gold or silver metallic eye shadow to create a soft and glamorous look on your eyes this month. Just brush on a dab or two with some black mascara to add a great finishing touch.
- The red lip is never more fun or popular than right now. The month of December brings out this red hot look. Try a stain for a pout that lasts through rounds of canapes and drinks.
- Go minimal and lock in the all-nude look. From nude lipstick to underplayed eyes and a less-is-more blush, the nude look is flawless and looks great with a monochromatic ensemble like full-on black or a white pantsuit.
- Find a blush with a bit of gold sparkle to it and delicately apply it to the apples of your cheeks. The hint of gold adds a softness that shines and looks gorgeous in any light.