The holiday season is officially upon us, and ‘Tis the season to get dolled up and feel festive. That means special collections and box sets from popular brands, and makeup trends that are sure to wow at your next get together. Whether you are planning an elegant night out or a cozy friend-filled evening at home, here are some ideas to help look your best and brightest this party season.
Fa La La La Favorites
The holidays are a beauty bonanza with all the gift sets and special palette brands debuting this time of year. Some of our favorites:
- Too Faced: When it comes to gift sets, this brand knows what’s up. Their Chocolate Shop set has a little bit of everything—from lip gloss to eye shadow—and the Christmas in New York Grand Hotel Café set offers even more with bronzer and mascara. There is a whole array of sets to choose from this year. Find one for you and a friend before it’s too late.
- Tarte Tartiest Collectors Paint Set is a real bang for your buck. At just under $50, this palette offers shimmery finishes and nude shades galore in 24 gorgeous colors. A full-size blending brush, mascara, and lip gloss round out this sparkling kit.
- The Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirled Illuminator Set offers up three of the brand’s most popular and illuminating shades that guarantee a glow to rival any ambient holiday lights.
A few of fall’s major trends will carry over into the winter months and keep you looking glamorous:
- Feathery lashes look lustrous and add depth and dimension to a simply made-up face. Eyes look wider and more awake. Perfect for the last round of parties.
- Dramatic winged eyeliner makes a statement and is easy to apply—even in the work restroom. No need to add anything more to your look except a swipe of lipstick in a festive color.
- Jewel-tone shadows create a retro look that is totally today when worn in a smoky style.
- Mix mattes and metallic on the eyes for a modern twist. Apply the matte shadow on the upper lids and the metallic below to underline the eyes. Done all in black, this look is stunning.
- Ruby red lips in a sparkle or glittery hue are big this fall. Keep the rest of the face neutral and wear this look all holiday season.
At Your Fingertips
Let’s not forget the those tips. Nails are an excellent way to add a little something extra. This season, glittery metallic and classic red are all the rage. Look for glitter-infused silvers and golds as well as deep navy hues and bold reds to celebrate the last days of the year.