Post-gym hair frizz, a manicure that needs to be remedied, or roots that need your attention all require you to fix them—and fast. You can take care of them on your own with the following tips and tricks. Now that you know you know.
Dry shampoo is not just for extending the life of your blow out. It also makes sense to tuck it into your gym tote. Adding a spritz to your hair soaks up the sweat and saves you time as you transition from workout to work. What else can you do to freshen up after spin class?
- Get rid of the red face that comes from exerting yourself by using a face mist. Make sure the one you choose has a calming ingredient, like chamomile or calendula.
- Pack a headband. Keeping hair out of your face means less sweat and oil clogging your pores and causing future blackheads and breakouts.
- Body wipes are great but cooling body wipes are even better. Cooling wipes clean your skin and cool you off after you sweat. Pack some before your next trip to the gym.
Hair Raising Hacks
A bad haircut is one thing. A terrible dye job another. What can you do when you need a fast fix to get you to your next styling session? We’ve got you covered.
- Banish roots with one of the many root concealers that line the drug store shelves these days. There are products you can spray, paint, or brush on with an applicator, and there are so many colors and styles to choose from that you’re sure to find one to keep you looking good until your next salon visit.
- If you used to0 much hair product, break out the dry shampoo. A few sprays and a bit of brushing will cure the problem.
More Magic Tricks
- If you’re at work and your face feels like an oil slick, head to the bathroom and grab a toilet seat cover to blot your face. It will absorb the oil and reduces the shine.
- Nail growth and strength is harder to maintain in the winter months due to the cold temperatures. Keep nails strong by using a strengthening, moisturizing treatment that looks like a polish. There are some slick sheer shades out there pulling double duty.
- Plump up your lips lickety-split by applying a swipe of peppermint oil.