We have a treat for all you Starbucks lovers, especially if you take your latte with a baked treat. The lemon loaf recipe (which many kids beg for when standing in line) has been leaked for everyone to try at home!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons whole or 2% milk
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Use a mixer to blend together the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Pour wet ingredient into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Pour batter in a well greased 9×5 inch loaf pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into center of the cake comes out clean.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl with an electric mixer on low speed.
- When the loaf is cool, remove it from pan and frost the top with the icing.
- Let the icing set before slicing.
Other recipes I found used vanilla flavored sugar and lemon zest instead of the vanilla and lemon extract. They also used only ¼ cup oil. If you really like it lemony (which I do), add lemon zest to either the loaf batter or the icing or both. You can add pecans or walnuts if you like nuts. Add to batter or sprinkle on top of icing.
So now this recipe is no longer top secret! Now you can make it ahead and take slices along on your trip to Starbucks and pass it out to your kids there! Or, just keep it at home and eat it all there.