Memorial Day is coming up soon. Are you hosting a party or heading out to a family event? Memorial Day is a time for cookouts and barbecues with friends. To some, Memorial Day is all about the meat on the grill. For me, when I hear Memorial Day, I think of pasta salads. My best Memorial Day recipe is my BLT (Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato) Club Pasta Salad. This is a quick and easy recipe that will let you spend your Memorial Day relaxing with friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
BLT Club Pasta Salad
- 1/2 pound of bacon, thick cut
- 1/2 head of iceburg lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups of grape tomatoes, sliced length-wise
- 2 slices of Swiss cheese, cut julienne style
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 1 lemon
- 1 box of Mostaccioli pasta
- 1 lemon
- Real mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Chives to top
- Cook the pasta according to the directions. Refrigerate until cold.
- Fry the bacon and crumble into large pieces.
- Combine the lettuce, grape tomatoes, Swiss cheese, onions, bacon, and pasta.
- Add mayonnaise until everything is coated.
- Add the zest of half a lemon and the juice of half a lemon.
- Mix well to combine.
- Add salt and pepper and chopped chives.
- Refrigerate until needed and serve.
The next time you are invited to a barbecue or picnic, wow your friends and family with this BLT Club Pasta Salad recipe. If you do not have chives for the top of the pasta salad, you can use chopped green onions instead. To keep the bacon crisp, you may want to add it right before serving the pasta salad instead of letting it sit in the refrigerator already mixed in with the other ingredients. Now that I have shared my best Memorial Day recipe, what is your favorite recipe to bring along to a barbecue or cook out?